Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just to say that I'm a Brit living in Auckland, New Zealand (last 4 years.) Currently riding a Ninja 250 cause 33bhp is all that you can ride down here until you pass the two tests. (Learner and Restricted.) Hopefully should pass both tests by the end of the year and can move on to a bigger bike. Got to admit though you can have some serious fun on the Ninja

·
Registered
631 Posts
Cool, another one from Un Zud!
You can have lots of fun on the twisty roads on a 250.
Head out South and hit the Kawakawa to Kaiaua road, go to Clevedon then turn right at the roundabout.
Stop for a beer and fish & chips at Kaiaua then back ether via the next right by the petrol station and follow your nose, or back the way you came.
You can carry along the waterfront but it's a little boring.

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is no horsepower rule here in NZ. On;y a 250cc rule so you can ride an NSR, Aprilia RS250 etc if you wish and they sure as hell ARENT 33bhp! Piha Road os fun too...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, another one from Un Zud!
You can have lots of fun on the twisty roads on a 250.
Head out South and hit the Kawakawa to Kaiaua road, go to Clevedon then turn right at the roundabout.
Stop for a beer and fish & chips at Kaiaua then back ether via the next right by the petrol station and follow your nose, or back the way you came.
You can carry along the waterfront but it's a little boring.
That's whats sweet over here. Once away from the city, the roads are great and not many cars. Went on a group bike ride a few weeks back that was organised by Cycletreads. it was in aid of save the great white. Anyway we ended going up to Kaiwaka in Northland. we stopped the 3 furlongs for a bite to eat and then again at the Puhoi pub on the way back to Auckland.I would it was around 200km round trip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no horsepower rule here in NZ. On;y a 250cc rule so you can ride an NSR, Aprilia RS250 etc if you wish and they sure as hell ARENT 33bhp! Piha Road os fun too...
I stand corrected on the bhp. Was sure I had read it was 33bhp somewhere. Must be the English restriction. Anyway just booked my restricted test in Orewa on 28th Jan so just one more hurdle after that

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do the defensive driving course straight after and you only have to wait 3 months to go to full. A friend kept getting pulled up on his 675 on a learners and hes just done the DD Course and can now go full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts