Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just used tune ecu for the first time to check my DTC's and uncheck that annoying little exup box. It was a piece of cake; three codes, all related to the valve.

I physically removed the ("servo"?) motor and did a quick fix for pinning the valve with a piece of copper wire. For now, I just need you guys to let me know I've got the valve in the full open position.

(Yeah, I looked around the forum for a good while before I did this, and while I found some inconsistencies, this should comply with the general opinion, it makes sense to me, and is correct from what I've gathered from my repair manual. I just want to triple check :nod:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) I actually left the spring laying on the ground, but in that case, I should have it in the right position. I'll go check it out, maybe even throw it back in, only takes 30 seconds.

Even with the spring in though, I'll still leave the wire. I really prefer to have it locked in with something solid

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I can't remember who or how far back when but someone did remove that entire assembly and closed it up nicely. Hopefully he'll chime in here!

·
Registered
51 Posts
it wasnt me, but wanted to say i did the same thing, uncheck it in tuneecu on my current tune, then ripped off the servo and all related wires and bolts, i just have the revolving pin sticking out the side of the pipe now,:cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
N00b Q but what are the benefits to disabling the exup? I would assume the exup serves some valid purpose? I guess perhaps disabling it allows a more precise modification of fuel to air ratios?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts