Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, time and time again I'm more please that I bought the Daytona than it's Japanese counterparts. The 675R was there, and so was a Caspian blue, oh and a drop dead sexy booth girl ;) but I digress. The 675R is gorgeous. The new engine covers are pretty slick looking. The TTX looks vicious tucked inside. The carbon is of course top notch. But back to the original point.

The triumph just looks like a nicer bike compared to all it's Japanese brothers, both 600 and 1000 bikes. One thing that sticks out in my mind is the cockpit. The triple trees on all the japanese bikes look CHEAP. It's like they through a block of metal on there and called it a day. The gauges are ugly and bulky. The whole cockpit is very big and spread out, like you're commanding a cruise ship, not riding a missle. The triumph triple clamp is just damn pretty. The cockpit is very narrow and focused, and of course the new gauge cluster is nomnomnom delicious, but even the older one is leaps and bounds nicer looking than the Japanese bikes.

Wheels, the daytona's wheels just can't be beat. Stock the wheels are just insanely light. I took mine off to the powder coater the other day and some guy with a tricked out kawi was like "holy shit! what did these come off of!?" They really are exceptionally light, and very good looking to boot.

The one thing the Japanese bikes had over the triumph would be neatness in wiring. They had a 600 gixxer (which is SOOOOOO ugly) stripped down (better looking this way), and everything was really well organized underneath. I liked the fused box under the rider's butt, and their RRs seemed to be in more intelligent locations.

Side note, WTF is up with the GIGANTIC catalytic converters on the liter bikes. The ZX10R had one the side of a small briefcase, no joke.

All in all, I'm still, to this day, crazy please with choosing the daytona over any other bike, including the Ducati. The 848's cockpit is yuck, but I do like their gauge cluster. As of note, my friend with me has owned some very tricked out gixxer 600 race bikes, and when he hoped on the daytona he just went bug eyed and went "holy shit this thing is light". I laughed.

·
Registered
712 Posts
what sold me on mine was the size. i got both the daytona 675 and an 06 cbr 600rr, and the 675 is like riding a very slender supermodel, and the cbr is like riding a rosie after a diet. maybe a little smaller than what it was, but still a whale to get onto.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So let me get this straight..... you have started a thread about going to the bike show ...... and don't post any pics.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuude

Fowl :nod:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I must say, time and time again I'm more please that I bought the Daytona than it's Japanese counterparts. The 675R was there, and so was a Caspian blue, oh and a drop dead sexy booth girl ;) but I digress. The 675R is gorgeous. The new engine covers are pretty slick looking. The TTX looks vicious tucked inside. The carbon is of course top notch. But back to the original point.

The triumph just looks like a nicer bike compared to all it's Japanese brothers, both 600 and 1000 bikes. One thing that sticks out in my mind is the cockpit. The triple trees on all the japanese bikes look CHEAP. It's like they through a block of metal on there and called it a day. The gauges are ugly and bulky. The whole cockpit is very big and spread out, like you're commanding a cruise ship, not riding a missle. The triumph triple clamp is just damn pretty. The cockpit is very narrow and focused, and of course the new gauge cluster is nomnomnom delicious, but even the older one is leaps and bounds nicer looking than the Japanese bikes.

Wheels, the daytona's wheels just can't be beat. Stock the wheels are just insanely light. I took mine off to the powder coater the other day and some guy with a tricked out kawi was like "holy shit! what did these come off of!?" They really are exceptionally light, and very good looking to boot.

The one thing the Japanese bikes had over the triumph would be neatness in wiring. They had a 600 gixxer (which is SOOOOOO ugly) stripped down (better looking this way), and everything was really well organized underneath. I liked the fused box under the rider's butt, and their RRs seemed to be in more intelligent locations.

Side note, WTF is up with the GIGANTIC catalytic converters on the liter bikes. The ZX10R had one the side of a small briefcase, no joke.

All in all, I'm still, to this day, crazy please with choosing the daytona over any other bike, including the Ducati. The 848's cockpit is yuck, but I do like their gauge cluster. As of note, my friend with me has owned some very tricked out gixxer 600 race bikes, and when he hoped on the daytona he just went bug eyed and went "holy shit this thing is light". I laughed.
Emissions and sound db requirements. Luckily (Unless you live in Cali) you can change that. :thumbup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bahhh I'll get pics, but my camera phone is horrendous. My friend had his DLSR, I'll see if I can find his pics.
Well chop chop, chap.
They'll bloody well have a new model out soon :laugh:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I can't believe you did not mention the absolutly stunning brunette chick that was standing near the new Ducati cruiser!!! She had black paint, I mean jeans, on. I don't remember much else about the show.:coolgleamA:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Link not working. Probably cuz your profile is set to private. You might be able to link the pictures from your album and post them here. I can't remember if that works or not. Just right click the picture and click copy URL, then come in here and click on the post image button and paste the URL there. That may work.

·
Banned
941 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts