Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

So basically I just bought my first "bigger" bike a week ago. I used to drive a 125cc back when I was 16 for 2 years. After that I haven't driven any bikes for around 7 years (25years old now). I'm quite a safe driver and don't take risks though. Plus I do operate lots of big machinery in work so I'm all about safety. And I tend to learn fast too.

The reason I'm saying this is I did some research and lots of people dont suggest buying this as a first bike. even though it's not my first one, it's been years and I'm wondering if I went over my head with this one..
I have to add that I'm from Finland so I will be taking around 7 driving lessons and my tests with a 700cc in driving school before I can even drive my Triumph. I plan on learning my bike in a parking lot before taking it to streets; (braking, clutch feeling, accelerating, etc).

I'd appreciate honest input on the matter. I know lots of you guys have so much experience on the roads and you know the ins and outs of my situation.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Being from Finland I'd recommend getting as much experience as possible and racing Imatra. As long as you take it easy, ride mature and don't let the bike talk you into riding above your head, it should be ok. Looking back on it, I probably wouldn't have survived learning on anything but small dirt bikes but I was a bit of a menace in the beginning. I'm barely mature enough 30 years since the first bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts