1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I will be down there with a bunch of friends on the 19/20 too

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just did Jennings last weekend - would be great to ride with some other 675's. Will see what I can do. Is it a Jennings GP event or another organization?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Bleakster and I may be coming up on the 19th...Should we preregister or can we pay Friday the 18th at the track?

Does the track open Friday afternoon for those camping out?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bleakster and I may be coming up on the 19th...Should we preregister or can we pay Friday the 18th at the track?

Does the track open Friday afternoon for those camping out?
Depends on availability. I have gone at least three without pre paying and they had plenty of spots. That was usually on a Monday though. Weekends are pretty busy at Jennings. You can either pay day of, or for weekends you have to prepay by noon on Friday.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've never ridden there, but I am looking forward to it...

I run advanced pace/class at our other Florida tracks but figured I would start in intermediate to learn the track....What are your guys thoughts?

Alan

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I think for their own track days you need to run like 28's to be in "advanced" group. 28's around there are reasonably quick but not blistering.
Never hurts to learn the track in a slower group and then pick up the pace.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts...

Buddies whom I ride with that have ridden there state that my pace should be in the 1:25 area based on my other track lap times...But again I wanna learn the lines before I start to push....:whistle:

I guess we'll see how things go, but I'm still stoked to check out another track!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I run advanced pace/class at our other Florida tracks
What other Florida tracks you riding? When I left Florida 2 years ago Jennings was about the only track that was doing track days in the state.

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
What other Florida tracks you riding? When I left Florida 2 years ago Jennings was about the only track that was doing track days in the state.

Homestead and Palm Beach Int. If your camping out bring a small space heater that their weak electrical outlets can handle. I was there in March a couple of years ago a frosted me arse off.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yep you got it Scotty...PBIR and Homestead...

Thanks for the heads up on the heater, but I'll be pulling a full load and won't really have room....Does Jennings allow campfires in a specified area? Just curious....I guess I could sleep in my 1 piece!!!:laugh:

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
Yep you got it Scotty...PBIR and Homestead...

Thanks for the heads up on the heater, but I'll be pulling a full load and won't really have room....Does Jennings allow campfires in a specified area? Just curious....I guess I could sleep in my 1 piece!!!:laugh:
I don't think they allow fires. At least I've never seen anyone doing it. The time I was there in March I wanted to burn anything to stay warm. I got a small space heater, the size of a toaster, from Big Lots that works well.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I've boooked
Will be at Jennings on 19/20 and maybe 21 March
There will be four of us comming from Charlotte only me on a Triumph though.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Cool...I'll book once I get a grasp on the weather...Don't want to make the drive for a rainy day...

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Cool...I'll book once I get a grasp on the weather...Don't want to make the drive for a rainy day...
You want to careful, their Track Days fill up pretty quick, if you leave it too late they might be full.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My thoughts as well...I just want to see that 10 day forecast before I make the monetary commitment....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts