Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested, getting a few Triumphs together for a track day on Sunday 20th at Jennings GP in Florida weather permitting!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I would love to but the wife and I have already made plans for the night of the 19th for my B-Day....Maybe sometime in March?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Sorry not that weekend, But I plan on being there on 19/20 March with some buddies.
I will post up nearer the time.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Ill be there in spirit.....Mat I miss livin in TREASURE COAST area....Miss my house, the ocean etc......

Guys have fun when you do go!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sorry not that weekend, But I plan on being there on 19/20 March with some buddies.
I will post up nearer the time.
Cool...maybe I can try and make that date......Are you guys showing up Friday afternoon and camping or do you guys get a hotel?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
We drive down on Friday and normaly stay at the Days Inn in Valdosta. They have a JenningsGP Rate

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hell, I'll be there on Feb 24-26 with at least two other 675 guys and maybe another one for an unofficial NESBA outing for 3 days.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I hate you guys right now :sad5: I've got a few more months until it gets warm enough to get back on the track.

I miss going to Jennings, fun little track. FYI, I heard that Ben Bostrom just set a new record there. Something like a 1:13:xx :eek:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I miss going to Jennings, fun little track. FYI, I heard that Ben Bostrom just set a new record there. Something like a 1:13:xx :eek:

Not sure about Ben, but Roger Lee Hayden was there in mid December and put down a smokin' 1:16.xx lap. See it here:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDA9bGwBGoA"]YouTube - Fast lap of JenningsGP with Roger Lee Hayden[/nomedia]

Keep in mind the clip is 1:24 long, but the action doesn't start for the first 8 seconds of the clip.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Not sure about Ben, but Roger Lee Hayden was there in mid December and put down a smokin' 1:16.xx lap. See it here:
YouTube - Fast lap of JenningsGP with Roger Lee Hayden

Keep in mind the clip is 1:24 long, but the action doesn't start for the first 8 seconds of the clip.
I guess I should say that these are "unofficial" becuase they were not recorded during a actually race but still records.

Pegram did a 1:13.813 on his 1098R which was the previous unofficial recored then Bostrom came along on a gsxr1000 and did a 1:13.72. I just read about this the other day but I think it goes back to December? Either way, it's a hell of a lot faster then I am on that track!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I guess I should say that these are "unofficial" becuase they were not recorded during a actually race but still records.

Pegram did a 1:13.813 on his 1098R which was the previous unofficial recored then Bostrom came along on a gsxr1000 and did a 1:13.72. I just read about this the other day but I think it goes back to December? Either way, it's a hell of a lot faster then I am on that track!

I could be wrong, but aren't a lot of track records from non-races, like during qualifing or practice? I dunno...Regardless, those are some smokin' fast laps around Jennings. I suspect those guys were there with Hayden and probably other AMA guys in December just to have fun and do some testing or something.

Based on my own "fast" laps around Jennings, these guys would lap me about every 3.25 laps!:coolgleamA:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts