Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 675 since '06, keeping it pretty stock, and just enjoying the uniqueness of it. I recently had the bright idea to drop some dough into it and put a few upgrades into it.

First being the exhaust... I think I'm set on getting the Jardine RT-1, but after a bit of research, I am wondering if the novelty of a nice look and new sound is worth the potential troubles...

I would consider myself a decent weekend mechanic... not going to rebuild any engines in my garage, but can change the oil and what not with my eyes closed. But I ran across this post, which has me worried. Is the new pipe going to make a perfectly running bike act up??

I haven't had a single problem with this bike for 2 1/2 years... and I don't really want to start now. :eek:hno: I'm not sure I want to go in changing "maps" and crap.

Anyone else add the Jardine and had problems? Anyone added it and everything run great?

Just curious...

Chris.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I got one after hearing them on YouTube videos. There's dozens of threads about the Jardine here if you search some more but here's my two cents...

-Taking the stock exhaust off is easy enough. Putting the Jardine in was a bit like a Chinese puzzle but it does fit. Use needle nose pliers and a large flat head screw driver for the attachment springs.

-Make sure the exhaust doesn't come in contact with the tail light after you put their fender eliminator license bracket on.

-You won't believe how heavy the stock pipe is! Swapping it for the Jardine probably dropped 15 lbs off the bike! So not only will you get a little hp boost but you'll also gain some power vs weight ratio. I also added some other titanium mods and now my suspension is too stiff... lol...

-You will most likely be incurable once bitten by the mod bug. The Jardine led me to getting a solo cowl and rear peg block-offs to clean up the tail and my back account went down hill from there as I worked my way to the front. :laugh:

-Yes, you will need to put a new air/fuel map in the ECU. Mine ran like a wet lawn mower with the stock map. The TOR map from the dealer was better but was a bit rich. The TuneBoy map is amazing! Smooth power all the way up the curve and it really makes it sing! The software is a pain to install and use for first time users but there's tons of good info and help here to get you through it.

So yeah, adding a jardine can turn into a $650 venture and cause a few headaches... but for me it was worth every penny to hear it scream. :nod:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
-Yes, you will need to put a new air/fuel map in the ECU. Mine ran like a wet lawn mower with the stock map. The TOR map from the dealer was better but was a bit rich. The TuneBoy map is amazing! Smooth power all the way up the curve and it really makes it sing! The software is a pain to install and use for first time users but there's tons of good info and help here to get you through it.

So yeah, adding a jardine can turn into a $650 venture and cause a few headaches... but for me it was worth every penny to hear it scream. :nod:
Yea, I hear ya about the bug... It was a delayed bite, but it has already bit me... I've ordered the seat cowl, and the block off pegs too!

But about this damn ECU... you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but... How do you go about getting this Tuneboy on the bike? Hardware? Software? I just went on the Tuneboy website, it says $514USD... That is for everything im assuming? That seems like a lot. How much does the dealership charge for the TOR map?

Damn, I like the nuts and bolts part, but I'm not liking messing with the computer stuff too much already... :thumbdown:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have had one problem since I installed my Jardine on my bike...I can't stop riding it. :grin:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yea its just the map needed redone. The bike runs so much better now. And damn, at 100 I still had 50 miles to the gallon!! I mean yea it gave me some trouble when I first got it, but I would go through it again, I love my exhaust!! Just buy it already lo!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh and for the map on the bike, just call your dealership and ask if they have a map for your bike, you just put on an aftermarket exhaust. it cost me a half-hour labor.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Oh and for the map on the bike, just call your dealership and ask if they have a map for your bike, you just put on an aftermarket exhaust. it cost me a half-hour labor.
What kind of advice is that? All Triumph dealers have the diagnostic tool to load all three maps that Triumph provides. Stock map....TOR map...and Arrow full system map.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What kind of advice is that? All Triumph dealers have the diagnostic tool to load all three maps that Triumph provides. Stock map....TOR map...and Arrow full system map.
So the Jardine and the TOR map will run just fine? No need for the Tuneboy yet?

If thats all it takes, I think I'm gonna get it...

Thanks guys! :hooray:

·
Registered
892 Posts
But about this damn ECU... you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but... How do you go about getting this Tuneboy on the bike? Hardware? Software? I just went on the Tuneboy website, it says $514USD... That is for everything im assuming? That seems like a lot. How much does the dealership charge for the TOR map?
The dealership can load the TOR map but not the TuneBoy map. Some people don't mind the TOR map although I thought it ran a bit rich... but the bike had explosive power above ~11k RPM. The TuneBoy map is much smoother all the way up the power band though.

In regard to the TuneBoy price, am I the only who noticed that you can d'load the TuneBoy software for free off their site, buy the cable for $50, get the key for $200 and have everything you need for $250 and not the $500 they charge for the full kit?!
:sifone:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In regard to the TuneBoy price, am I the only who noticed that you can d'load the TuneBoy software for free off their site, buy the cable for $50, get the key for $200 and have everything you need for $250 and not the $500 they charge for the full kit?! :sifone:
That sounds like an idea, but I am not sure you can just buy the cable without buying one of the starter kits...

"ADDITIONAL PLUG (Triumph) For cable to allow connection to Triumph diagnostic connector. (This option only applies when you purchase the Aprilia or Benelli starter kit.)"

Any ideas on where to get one without buying anything else??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts