Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd see who else is going....

Hope it's not the usual public holiday crash-fest.

Med-Fast group.

I'll be back in black (after wearing the SY street gear for a month). Jardine pipe and a few other bits. I'm wearing black and silver Shift leathers and Shoei lid.

Come say hi...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wanna share the crays then??
Can't afford luxuries after shelling out $250 for the day... plus garage, fuel, food... It hurts.

·
Registered
474 Posts
yeah the PI ride days are getting up there in price, I'm not planning on doing many, (if any) apart from race weekend practice Fridays this year.
I've entered for the WSBK support in the 600 superstock and have knocked back the closed practice on the 15th Feb, with the cost of the day and a set of tyres with a motel and food you don't get change from $1000.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
faaaark.

The missus quit work in Nov and is up the duff so won't go back for some time... maybe not until the kids hit school age. I've just got a promotion which should cover most of her previous part time wage (hopefully) but I'll be doing longer hours. I just can't see myself getting out there much anymore with less time and most opportunities only on public holidays.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
wanna share the crays then??
Can't afford luxuries after shelling out $250 for the day... plus garage, fuel, food... It hurts.
$250 eh? At least it's PI. For a plain old Champions day at very plain old Mallala we pay $150 .... plus the nicely hidden one day MA licence.

And yeah, there are sheds and the usual extras that need to be covered, too.

It's getting very expensive...and I'm meant to start racing some time soon, which will be more expensive again.

I guess it still beats the crap out of playing golf.

O.B

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a bad day, all in all.
Two long delays with Ambo jobs but I think 5 sessions was my limit. I was keen to get moving as I started work last night at midnight, after a 2.5hr drive home... I'm rooted now but must watch the 2yo as the missus is out getting her iphone4 replaced (heap of shit - phone, not the missus!!!!!).

Not sure of lap times. After running 'round Broady and Winton I had the max lap time set to 1:30. Since I'm no world class racer, I think a max of 2:30 would suffice!!! I changed it for the last session but I was fatigued by then and struggled a little - I had knees flapping in the breeze while I struggled to hang on down the straight...

I think I found muscles I forgot existed - even after some pushy riding lately. I can hardly walk but it has been about 3 months since my last outing at Broady, a much tighter and slower track.

No photos. The guy there takes the same ones every time. The only thing that would change was IF I scraped a knee...

Spotted a graphite Street R that was flying,

• an acquaintance on a Speed 1050 (that had a little off at Southern Loop),
  • green and yellow D675 race bike that was an import from China,
  • several red D675s - one of which was bought as a wreck and slapped together without replacing a clutch cover, ending in oil all over the bike and only half a session for the entire day,
  • me on the black D675.
Pitty it wasn't shooting season... there seemed to be duc's everywhere.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Glad to see you had a good day, lucky you weren't waiting for the crayfish,
came back with an empty bag but had a great day.
Was the guy riding the green and yellow race bike wearing the same colour leathers?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep. Nice enough bloke. Bike looked like a 'real' race bike with plenty of rash.

Had a HUGE feed of whiting and red schnapper the night before the track day. Guess I didn't need the crays!!

Weather was good. Pissed rain the night before but it was all dry, well 95% by the time the green group (me) went out to test the track at 9am.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You made me look slow then... even without fairings!!!

Were you in the PS garage??
Couldn't bring myself to walk in there and say hello!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts