Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a bike from the auction and i do not have the key, i have a title but dealer was not welling to help me. i posted pictures of both ecu and vin number. i bought a set with matching key and ecu, but the bike would not turn over when pressing the key. i just want to know if the ecu are compatible , if they are i will investigate th
Automotive tire Tire Font Gadget Auto part
e matter fu
Publication Font Material property Auto part Electric blue
rther.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
No, they are not even remotely compatible. One is from a 2nd gen and the other a 3rd gen. Why would you think they are compatible? Completely different VIN group, different tune, different part numbers, different years of manufacture.

·
Registered
130 Posts
More details you post more likely you'll get useful help. You bought a '13 Daytona?

First year it used the immobilizer. Did you get that with the key/ecu you bought? Key needs to be coded to the immobilizer.

Are your electronics turning on and the bike is just not turning over? What do you mean by 'pressing the key'?

Are you getting the red immobilizer light blinking when you insert the key?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Posting in the right sub-forum might also get you more help.

While that might be the case, Triumph don't work in years, they work in VIN ranges which are divided by 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen bikes. 10/2012 is still 2nd gen. That's why they have different maps(tunes) on them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More details you post more likely you'll get useful help. You bought a '13 Daytona?

First year it used the immobilizer. Did you get that with the key/ecu you bought? Key needs to be coded to the immobilizer.

Are your electronics turning on and the bike is just not turning over? What do you mean by 'pressing the key'?

Are you getting the red immobilizer light blinking when you insert the key?
i bought a 2013 fist gen from an auction did not have the keyset. i bought on ebay a matching set (ECU and key and immobilizer) the set is said to be from gen 3 and listed as removed from 2013. the dash comes on the engine light is on and well and bell light in red is on as well. everything works as far are horn , turn signals but with the key on i press the starter switch and nothing. no signal is going to the starter solenoid

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds like an immobilizer problem. Something isn't talking to something it has to be talking to to clear it to start.

Not sure on your model but on some the cluster, key and immobilizer are of a set.

The red bell light shouldn't be turning on at all. On mine the only time it turns on is when the bike is off. Then it blinks every couple seconds. After some amount of time, 24 hours I think, it stops blinking until you start the bike then it restarts that cycle.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been curious about whether the cluster is part of the 'immobilizer chain.' One of those questions that never seems to get answered once and for all.

If you haven't seen it here's a thread with similar issue. Looks like you need dealer involvement at some point. Can't see why he wouldn't program the bike properly for you. You have reasonable proof of ownership and it's really none of his business given there are no red flags that something shady is going on.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've been curious about whether the cluster is part of the 'immobilizer chain.' One of those questions that never seems to get answered once and for all.
Not on Gen1 and Gen2 bikes, but Gen of the instrument cluster and ECU must match on Gen1 and Gen2 bikes. Gen3 ECUs have a different connector and will not work with Gen1 or Gen2 bikes.

The Gen1 and Gen2 bikes have a number of different wiring harness pinouts as well. They can be swapped if you can read the wiring diagrams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts