Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,897 Posts
Well yes and no. Yes it is identical to the factory manual but no it isn't authentic. It's a very well done plagiarism. Also that price is outrageous I bought one for less then half that just because I wanted to see what was up with it. Now that I know I can honestly say it is outright theft what this person is doing.

·
Registered
928 Posts
If I were you, I would Google search "Daytona 675 shop manual" and see if you can find any examples of more authentic sources.

sassafras

·
Race Team Sponsor & Beer Pongaholic
3,286 Posts
Looks to be fake. Triumph Service Manuals come in 3 ring binders with all of the pages being loose leaf.

I have one in stock if you want me to send you one I can. PM me if your interested. Thanks

·
Race Team Sponsor & Beer Pongaholic
3,286 Posts
The very first copies were yes but they didnt make very many of those. All of the service manuals from 2006 and newer came in 3 ring binders.

·
Registered
242 Posts
just wondering if this is the actual triumph service manual or if its just some gimmick. if it is real its a really good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009...s_Literature&hash=item2eab5e43bc#ht_985wt_698
I bought one of these a while back for about half the price. As mentioned, it is not an authentic manual but it is a very good copy of an original manual. The same information is in there. In my particular version the wiring diagram is in colour, but the rest of the manual is black and white. You should be able to find these "copies" at a lower price than that.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I bought one of these a while back for about half the price. As mentioned, it is not an authentic manual but it is a very good copy of an original manual. The same information is in there. In my particular version the wiring diagram is in colour, but the rest of the manual is black and white. You should be able to find these "copies" at a lower price than that.
+1 mine is a knock off as well but it is very good and works for my purposes. I can't honestly say what I paid, but it is a hell of alot cheaper than buying one from triumph. If it is a scanned copy or not I dont know but it is very easy to read and clear, I don't know what more you would really need from a manual.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm still surprised you're discussing paying for pirated copies of the manual. If you're going to steal it, you might as well do it the way I suggested.

sassafras

·
Registered
251 Posts
Someone on e-bay sells the manual on CD-ROM for about £5 UK. It's obviously a scan of the Triumph manual, but it's complete, and I've found with other bikes that printing off a single page as needed is a lot better in the long run than having a paper manual covered in dirty hand marks.

The coloured wiring diagram makes it a lot easier to follow.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
11,897 Posts
I agree 110%. Though I'm in the camp that believes if you've bought the full version then you should have the right to convert or acquire other forms of the same version on other media formats. What I'm saying is if you buy the factory manual then I don't see anything wrong with downloading the PDF.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts