Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a 2006 D675? I know every year brings more enhancements, and I think the 2006 was the first D675 (not totally sure about that), so they can often have a lot of problems that are fixed in later models.

I am looking at possibly moving to the D675 and will possibly purchase a 2006 next week.

So - any reason I should wait and look for a 2007 or later model?

·
Registered
242 Posts
a 2006 D675? I know every year brings more enhancements, and I think the 2006 was the first D675 (not totally sure about that), so they can often have a lot of problems that are fixed in later models.

I am looking at possibly moving to the D675 and will possibly purchase a 2006 next week.

So - any reason I should wait and look for a 2007 or later model?
I probably have one of the first few 675's that made it to San Diego. I haven't had one problem with it since. I wouldn't hesitate to get a 2006 model.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
I'm one of the old skools on here also that has a 2006. Only major problem I had was the heat exchanger failing on me....after 18K miles--with half of them mostly being track miles. Knock on wood...my "rectum-fryer" hasn't failed on me yet.

·
Registered
540 Posts
In regards to enhancements, and correct me if Im wrong, but i dont believe any real changes were made to the bike until 2009 anyway. So a 07 is not going to be any different than an 06 or an 08 for that matter.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Indeed. And they still haven't really solved the R/R problem, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great - I was hoping for that. Just wasn't sure. Thanks guys.

I hope this one I plan to see next week turns out to be as nice as the pics. Totally beautiful bike. Been loving these since I saw my first one up close during the Summer. Already made my mind up to deal with that R/R thing.

Thanks again for all the replies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've noticed various posts about 675s having issues with oil burning, regulator failures, cam chain tensioners, and valve drops (i.e. destroyed motor top end).

I have no idea if these are "1 out of a 1000" type problems, and if design changes in later models years quietly fixed any of these issues. I'd sure like to know more on this, as I'm looking to buy a 675 myself.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've noticed various posts about 675s having issues with oil burning, regulator failures, cam chain tensioners, and valve drops (i.e. destroyed motor top end).

I have no idea if these are "1 out of a 1000" type problems, and if design changes in later models years quietly fixed any of these issues. I'd sure like to know more on this, as I'm looking to buy a 675 myself.
idk about 1 in 1000, but theyre rare enough. Just like any high performance machine really, the guys that have the most issues are the people that track/race it. I picked up my bike with 9000 street miles on it and it never had one problem. some guys on here have alot more than that, with few issues worth mentioning.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
The most common inherent problem is clearly the R/R, and it's not even that prevalent.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The most common inherent problem is clearly the R/R, and it's not even that prevalent.
That being said - what is the fix for this issue? Is it easy? I am thinking myself of getting a 2009 model soon and am concerned about the number of mentions this issue attracts.

·
Registered
712 Posts
you can go aftermarket cbr series, mosfet (or something like that), hell i just went back stock. took about 7k miles to go out, so 130 bucks after that many miles i have no problem with.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I have an 08 and I haven't had any EXUP Problems or R/R issues.
15,000 Miles
1. Gear Shift Sensor Replaced at 1,000 miles
2. 12,600 miles, Detent Spring replaced.
3. Burns a slight amount of oil probably from following the break in sticker on tank. But it's also a Triumph.. LOL

EXCELLANT BIKE WOULDN'T HESITATE TO RIDE ACROSS COUNTRY WITH IT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts