Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I recently purchased a trickle charger for my battery. The manual states that if I want to charge the battery while the battery is installed in the bike, I need to determine if the bike is positively (+) or negatively (-) earthed. Then depending on which, I need to connect one of the leads to the chasis as opposed to the battery terminal.

Does anyone know if the Street Triple is positively or negatively earthed?

Cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
Negative.

Red = +12 Vdc
Black = GND

Just attach the charger directly to the battery. The black wire on the battery is tied to the chassis ground.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Your bike has a negative ground or the black (-) terminal. Black to black and red to red.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Does anybody even make an automobile or motorcycle that is Positive ground anymore?

·
Registered
832 Posts
My 1961 Austin Healey Sprite is positive ground....absolutely retarded. BUT, it was also made by the man who invented darkness....Lucas. In my years of wrenching...I'd have to say Lucas wins it....the most idiotic solutions, and crappiest quality ever. No offense to our british members...but he takes the cake!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
My 1961 Austin Healey Sprite is positive ground....absolutely retarded. BUT, it was also made by the man who invented darkness....Lucas. In my years of wrenching...I'd have to say Lucas wins it....the most idiotic solutions, and crappiest quality ever. No offense to our british members...but he takes the cake!
They know, they have been the butt of all "British Electrical" jokes for what, like 30-40 years now?

At least?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts