Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post on craigslist last week advertising a STR being parted out. I called the guy with great hopes he might have even one or two aftermarket things I could snatch up.
Our conversation:
"hey, I've got a street triple also, what color is the one you're parting out?"

"uuuh, it's pretty fucked up. There's damage to everything, so I want someone to buy it as is."

Today, he posted photos. Enjoy.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2146933569.html

·
Registered
712 Posts
didnt realize that. saw the 49 post and havent seen you on here so i thought you maybe looking to build something. sorry.

BUT DAMN, THAT BIKES FUCKED UP.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
ya, why does he say in the ad,

I have a wrecked 2010 Triumph Speed Triple R Sport bike that I'm parting out. Has a colorado salvage title for the frame. Many good parts available

then he told you that he wants to sell it as a whole?

anyway, i wouldnt pull anything off there. looks like even the bolts could be tweaked.:laugh:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
didnt realize that. saw the 49 post and havent seen you on here so i thought you maybe looking to build something. sorry.

BUT DAMN, THAT BIKES FUCKED UP.
Now worries. I AM a n00b on this forum, but I've already got a 2011 str. I was just posting this for the humor in the fact he's even trying to sell it.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Now worries. I AM a n00b on this forum, but I've already got a 2011 str. I was just posting this for the humor in the fact he's even trying to sell it.
You would be surprised sadly. When I had my wreck on my cbr that thing got destroyed almost like that bike and I had a few people offer me money for it before the guy's insurance company that hit me took care of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fukked up, my ass. That thing took a grenade or two, then got hit by a train.

"There's damage to everything," but "Many good parts available." HA!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice photos too. Shaay-deee.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Whoa, it looks like it was hit by a train.

Can you ask the guy what exactly happened to it? Its almost hard to tell it is/was a bike.

·
Registered
442 Posts
idk dude apparently can't read he says its a speed triple, well then the bike and triumph is a liar because im pretty sure those plastics say street triple R

·
Registered
67 Posts
i'm speechless...was he sitting on it at the time ? WTF happened...if he WAS riding it i think getting a grand back seems a bit ungreatfull considering he go away with his life.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts