Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i ride a 2016 Daytona in the UK ‘. Patiently awaiting spring and clean dry roads again. Glad to find the 675 net

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I bought my first non Japanese bike a month ago (been riding since 2004) bought a 2010 d675 in Tornado red with the coppery gold forks, black brake calipers, grey wheels, white lcd screen and the old style shift lights, the bike is all stock apart from having an Ohlins shock that came with it, it has 21,000km on it.

I let my father go for a ride on it and after that, he decided he wanted his own one so tomorrow we are going out of town to go and look at a 2011 d675 in that metallic blue colour, it has gold wheels, the coppery gold forks, a Translogic quickshifter, an Arrow slip-on, clear tank grips, a carbon fiber shark fin, CF tyre hugger guard, has 12,000km on it.

The thing is, my father who has run this by this several times, wants to buy the blue one but to swap me it for my red one because he doesn't like the blue and gold together, however mine has had it's 20,000km service done prior to me taking ownership of it, it also had the exhaust valve seize up during the previous owner's possesion, I'm worried that the one my Father wants to buy and swap for mine will in time have it's exhaust valve seize, as it seems to be a common issue I've read on forums, I also want the Ohlins on the new bike, because I ride mine more like it should be ridden in twisties and would make better use of the shock than my Father would who takes fewer risks in corners than I do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Tell your Dad to bugger off.
Thank you,

So we went and looked at this other d675, he saw it in person and decided he liked it and I rode it home 120km, while he rode the Bandit 1200 we had gone there on, when we got home he asked me which one I wanted and I chose the blue one, then we went for a blat up our local twisties.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

·
Registered
139 Posts
I love this…so cool. I tried to buy my dad a Triumph Bonneville for his Bday a few years back and my mother lost it. Yours is probably in a lot better shape than mine..dad that is.

Congrats on the discovery of the Daytona. I absolutely love mine because it just feels so much different than any other sportbike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love this…so cool. I tried to buy my dad a Triumph Bonneville for his Bday a few years back and my mother lost it. Yours is probably in a lot better shape than mine..dad that is.

Congrats on the discovery of the Daytona. I absolutely love mine because it just feels so much different than any other sportbike.

I would have loved to have to have been able to buy the bike then give it to him as a birthday present, but I'm hopeless at saving large amounts of money, money isn't much of an issue, it's just saving it that is. My father is 68 and he earns double what I do in a week so while he's still able he's making the time count and buying toys and having fun with his son, I'm sorry to hear about your father :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would have loved to have to have been able to buy the bike then give it to him as a birthday present, but I'm hopeless at saving large amounts of money, money isn't much of an issue, it's just saving it that is. My father is 68 and he earns double what I do in a week so while he's still able he's making the time count and buying toys and having fun with his son, I'm sorry to hear about your father :(
I like the sentiment…it’s not money that is the problem it’s saving it. Lol.
My dad is still kicking, he’s just not in the best shape at 71 that he could be. I’m learning what not to do in terms of health and longevity from him.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the sentiment…it’s not money that is the problem it’s saving it. Lol.
My dad is still kicking, he’s just not in the best shape at 71 that he could be. I’m learning what not to do in terms of health and longevity from him.

Yeah my dad's health ain't great either but he didn't drink heavily and stopped smoking early in life and was running marathons in his late 30's, I'm already behind him in that sense. I drink heavily and I haven't exercised since I was 36, so who knows what's coming for me. Anyway depressing subject..

·
Registered
824 Posts
Caspian blue, scorched yellow, and neon blue are the best colours any sport bike has ever come in. Nice choice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah my dad's health ain't great either but he didn't drink heavily and stopped smoking early in life and was running marathons in his late 30's, I'm already behind him in that sense. I drink heavily and I haven't exercised since I was 36, so who knows what's coming for me. Anyway depressing subject..
You can always put down the bottle and join a gym…it’s never too late for that. I knew a man, when I was a personal trainer on the side for a few years, that was 73 and in way better shape than I was at 32. This has given me a lot of hope for the future. When I asked him for the best advice he could give me, it was “ Make sure you stretch”. Lol, simple but he said when you’re 73 it’s the most important thing…being flexible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts