Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so my Daytona came with a Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail light. In this week I noticed only the left hand side brake light (and running light) lights are working, but the indicators on both sides work.

Am I correct in assuming that this will be a cabling or unit problem? Any tips before I rip it apart trying to find out what the heck is going on?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
What year is your bike. In the past, CA had an issue with the LEDs going out with no explanation. A lot of people, I believe, have been able to work it our with CA and get a new light from them. I tried that and the guy there pretty much told me that I would have to buy a whole new one at full price.

I had a strip of LEDs go out on me and I thought I had a problem. Then my R/R went to shit and I had to change that and my battery out. When I changed those out the LEDs have come back on and haven't had an issue since then. Not sure if this will fix your issue but something to just try. Can't hurt...check the charge on the battery and see where that lies and go from there.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I'll check that out. Everything else electronics wise seem fine though.

If I power the tail light from another source (is it 12v supply?) it should fire up all the leds no problem (if it's a bike issue). If under another power source it's still broken it's something in the unit?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Yes 12V is the supply.

·
Registered
111 Posts
CA taillight

so i figured out how to connect the light to the plug and play, but there is a green and white wire that are there too. I am guessin that they are for the turn signals, but where do i connect them? Basically where do i connect the wires?, to the turn signals that i pulled off? thanks for any help pics would be awesome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts