Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping that someone can help me. I have an instrument panel issue with my 07 Daytona 675. Bike has a R/R from a Honda CBR, but otherwise stock. What happens is the speedo goes corrupt and drops out as seen in the picture. I can still scroll through the menu to get the fuel consumption and trip on the left display, but they don't update (acts like it's frozen). I initially replaced the instrument cluster and the problem went away for awhile, but is back. I did some reading and there was speculation that using the on/off switch corrupts the ECU, so I bought another one from a similar year. The problem initially went away but is back now.

What's odd is that I can disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes, and then the display will be back and normal for 1-2 starts, and then corrupts again.

Any tips, really appreciated. I'm super frustrated with the whole thing. It's odd because there's no rideability issues and the engine runs just fine. I tried reflashing the ECU with TuneECU and a different flash and didn't make any difference either.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could be caused by RR voltage peaks. Only thing you can do, is changing your instrument panel ( caution look to have the same year of fabrication, the number is on a sticker at the back of your cluster)

I had also to do a change. Look at e-bay for a second hand, they are not cheap ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
To me it looks like a communication issue - the ECM sends all the relevant data (RPM, speed, coolant temp, gear position etc) to the instrument cluster via a CAN link. If these wires are damaged, then the link is broken and the cluster doesn't update. Check the ECM to cluster link: pin B27 on the ECM should go to cluster pin 5 and pin B28 on the ECM to cluster pin 4. The wire colours are Red and Blue. Connector B on the ECM is the grey one, I can try and send you the pin layout if you don't have a manual. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.