Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re-installed the rear pegs and in my hurry to get it back together, I put the battery in upside down...reversing the terminals. Now, of course, I get nothing when I turn the key. Battery voltage is still putting out a rock solid 12.54VDC, and I checked all of the fuses in the fuse holder next to the battery and replaced the fuses with the key and motor icons with the spares just in case. Still nothing. This is unfortunately the limit of my knowledge on the electronics of this bike. I don't know if there is another relay I can check or other hidden fuses.

I feel like a total fool...any suggestions guys?

Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In my searches I see that the Street Triples have a 30A main fuse that blew when other people did the same thing. Still looking, so I haven't found anything for a Daytona yet...though I know the bikes are somewhat similar. Can anyone tell me where I can find the main 30A fuse, if there is one?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the Main 30A Fuse attached to the starter underneath a clear plastic cover. The started is located just under the rear of the tank. Attaching a photo for reference if anyone else runs into this problem and stumbles on this thread. The 30A fuse is definitely blown. I don't see a spare in the bike, so taking off now to go buy one. If anyone else has any suggestions/things I should check...please let me know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced the fuse and all is good. Tested everything on the bike after starting it up.

A few notes for anyone that needs to replace this fuse. It was a pain to pull out. Remove the black relays just below it in the photo, that'll give you a bit more room to work with. Mine was still a bit stubborn, so needle nose pliers for a bit better grip wiggled it right out. I would recommend having the relays out as I mentioned a moment ago, it'll REALLY help you putting the new fuse in. I didn't do it at first and dropped a fuse...pretty tough to get that out of underneath there. Not sure I'll ever get it back.

Fairly simple problem, but hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Replaced the fuse and all is good. Tested everything on the bike after starting it up.

A few notes for anyone that needs to replace this fuse. It was a pain to pull out. Remove the black relays just below it in the photo, that'll give you a bit more room to work with. Mine was still a bit stubborn, so needle nose pliers for a bit better grip wiggled it right out. I would recommend having the relays out as I mentioned a moment ago, it'll REALLY help you putting the new fuse in. I didn't do it at first and dropped a fuse...pretty tough to get that out of underneath there. Not sure I'll ever get it back.

Fairly simple problem, but hope this helps someone.
Indeed, it did help. Saved me from going through the electrical prints to find the fuse. I can't thank you enough!

·
Registered
39 Posts
One of them things where I bet you're glad a 1 dollar fuse saved your ECU catastrophic damage haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts