Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an inline pressure switch for the rear brake today because I installed a set of Attack rearsets which do not have a the provision to attach the stock brake light switch.

The issue I have is that I have to depress the pedal all the way down before the light turns on. I can feel the pads making contact with the rotors with just a little bit of pressure on the pedal. I feel I have bled the brake pretty well. What else can I try or might I just have a faulty switch?

The switch I have is a Vortex RS100

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mac. I have also written Vortex and am awaiting a reply from them. Do you think it might be a manufacturer thing where I might get better performance from a Woodcraft unit?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Vortex just replied and they want me to send them the switch so the can "test it quiclky and see if we can get it replaced". For some reason I am hesitant to send it to them. I almost would rather just go and get a Woodcraft unit.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just sent the switch back to Vortex. If the replacement does the same thing I will look at getting a switch from a different manufacturer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well I just sent the switch back to Vortex. If the replacement does the same thing I will look at getting a switch from a different manufacturer.
Hey Harsh,
If that doesn't work, you can always try these?
http://www.svracingparts.com/products/#ecwid:category=467936&mode=product&product=1757280
I have these pressure switches both on my SV and the 'tona. They both have been pretty sensitive on each bike. Brake light's on with "light" pressure. Blair's a great guy with super fast transactions... Downside, his price is $30 vs the $23 with Vortex... Just thought I'd throw out my experience with these... Much more sensitive than the pressure switch that came with the Sato Rearsets on my TLR...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Penny...Looking at the pic that is the same one that Woodcraft shows on their site. If the Vortex replacement doesn't work I will definitely go this route.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
the pressure switch that came with my Sato's is one of the pricier ones, but still only closes the circuit when I'm really getting on the brakes. I'll rummage around a bit and see if I can find or remember the maker, it's a pretty well-known name tho

·
Registered
553 Posts
woodcraft pressure switch on my bike works pretty much as stock. lights up pretty quick. no issues.

....also using their return spring as well. good stuff.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just waiting on the replacement. If it doesn't work to my satisfaction I will be getting a Woodcraft. I made my own return spring and am going to CNC the washer like they have. Should only take about 15 minutes and I can use some scrap material.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the replacement switch came yesterday and I just finished installing it. This one is a little better, but still has to have the lever depressed too far to make it truly functional. So, I am off to Woodcraft to order one of theirs.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just installed the Woodcraft unit and re-bled the system. Te Woodcraft part works so much better than the Vortex. Light pressure on the pedal and the light illuminates. I would say it works just like the oem mechanical switch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts