Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never saw this before--I apologize if it's a repost. Stolen off of SuperMotoJunkie.com. I would've shat all in my leathers...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHtChodNk0"]YouTube - TANKSLAPPER! MAM 6/28/10[/nomedia]

·
Registered
596 Posts
The big CBR, the B must stand for balls. Nice save, makes me wonder about factory dampers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sometimes tankslappers are caused by, instead of holding your body weight onto the bike under extreeme accelleration with feet, knees, legs, and torso, most of the weight is held by pulling back on the bars/clip-ons, setting up the occillation which quickly builds to what can be bad tankslapping.......:sos:

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Sometimes tankslappers are caused by, instead of holding your body weight onto the bike under extreeme accelleration with feet, knees, legs, and torso, most of the weight is held by pulling back on the bars/clip-ons, setting up the occillation which quickly builds to what can be bad tankslapping.......:sos:
+1. Had that happen to me when I rode Chuckwalla Valley Raceway counter-clockwise for the first time. Provided the tank slapping wasn't bad but it was noticeable. It always happened on the small kink/chicane right before the front straight. I even cranked my GPR steering damper to 15+ and it still kept happening. I later found it was exactly what you described....so a quick fix and I was able to bring my damper back down to what I normally ride on. By the second session out I was all good.

·
Registered
345 Posts
and now you all know what its like to ride without a damper...

I have a good friend, fast CCS racer crash like this coming down the straight at Summit. It was pretty fucking crazy

I've had a couple like this, but never that bad, and it was always from setting the front down after wheelie-ing out of a turn. First performance purchase for me this year: Steering damper.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.