Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a new bike, I was riding a Kawasaki ZX6-R year 2000 and now looking into purchasing a new RELIABLE motorcycle. I have my eye on the Triumph Daytona 675. I was wondering if anyone was in the same situation going from Kawasaki to Triumph and if they were satisfied or not?

Is the Daytona a reliable bike? Also is it harder to find parts for this, do you have to go to Triumph dealers or do others have the ability to place orders and so forth? ANy info would be appreciated as I'd like to make up my mind within the next two weeks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think it's been reliable for a lot of people. Not quite so for me, mine just blew a motor at the 10,000 mile mark due to cam chain issues.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You are going to be blown away by the handling and performance of the 675 over the 2000 ZX6. It's going to make that old ZX feel like a tank!

Is the Daytona a reliable bike? Also is it harder to find parts for this, do you have to go to Triumph dealers or do others have the ability to place orders and so forth? ANy info would be appreciated as I'd like to make up my mind within the next two weeks.
Reliability has been discussed many many time on this forum. I'm sure if you do a search you will find many topics on this and many different answers. Some have had problems. other have had none.

As far as parts you are most likely going to have to go to a Triumph dealer or after market company that deals with Triumph parts. Yes, they are a little harder to find then your run of the mill Jap bike but it is much much better then it was when the bike first came out. There are lots of options for accessories now.

What you will get over most Japanese bikes is something with character, something with great mid-range (for a 600) a awesome handling bike, etc.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Im in the market for a new bike, I was riding a Kawasaki ZX6-R year 2000 and now looking into purchasing a new RELIABLE motorcycle. I have my eye on the Triumph Daytona 675. I was wondering if anyone was in the same situation going from Kawasaki to Triumph and if they were satisfied or not?

I had a '94 ZX6e from '98 to '07 and had a Ducati 748 for a short period of time (3 years) before I picked up the 675 in 02/06.

I honestly haven't found a whole lot of difference in "parts availability" between the Kawi and the Triumph. Ducati? Don't get me started. Kawi/Triumph dealerships and aftermarket parts warehouses can get you parts. The difference for me is that I have a Kawi dealer w/in 5 miles of my house, while the Triumph dealer is 50. But... having said that... my BMW dealer is 70. I replaced the engine in my Kawi when I rounded off the 2nd gear engagement dogs. It was cheaper to find a engine/transmission combo on ebay than it would have been for just the gaskets and two gears to do the repair. The kawi was very sensitive to starting procedures, otherwise the plugs would foul and the bike would run like shit until you pulled the plugs and cleaned them w/ the sandblaster. I kept a spare clean set... and knew I could have the plugs changed in an hour. The Ducati's battery was barely able to start it cold, such that I would start it in my garage w/ a jump from my truck. After that one cold start, the battery would have no problems starting it the remainder of the day... unless I rode it to work and left it sitting outside in the <40*F weather.

So, I guess my question really comes down to: How do you define reliability? My 675 only lasted <3k track miles before I totaled it, so I can't tell you whether the gear dogs would last 25k miles as they did on my kawi. All I can tell you is that I beat the living shit out of my 675 and it barely hiccuped. About the only thing that ever went "wrong" with it (after the initial wear-in) was that the EXUP valve adjustment would work its way loose, illuminating the CEL/MIL and if you didn't have a Tuneboy, a trip to the dealership was required.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I will be using this bike on a daily basis commuting to work so I'm really hoping that it would be reliable where I wont need to worry about breaking down or other issues.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like my daytona, I came from an '06 636

1 - 6 of 6 Posts