Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I finally got my track bike running but I'm having issue where the idle is too low (see video link [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzyUwl-9-g0"]YouTube - idle issue[/nomedia]). I'm thinking I didn't put the throttle cable adjustment back on correctly. The things I noticed when I started the bike was it was bogging wanting to shut off as if it wasn't getting any gas or some sort, so I had to give it some throttle to keep it running. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
sounds fine.....but you can also try adjusting the idle stepper motor....i had the same issue as well
also, make sure fueling is fine.....adjusting the idle stepper and getting a tune for the bike solved my idling issues

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds fine.....but you can also try adjusting the idle stepper motor....i had the same issue as well
also, make sure fueling is fine.....adjusting the idle stepper and getting a tune for the bike solved my idling issues
lol rpm should be at 1k rpm its at 0 where is this stepper motor located?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I'm thinking of just doing that manual Idle, but I'm just curious as for the reason why? prior to pulling the motor out it was fine then when I put the motor back in it does this. Only thing I forgot to set was the throttle cable that connects to the throttle body under the air box so I just set it back to what I felt was reasonable. At first the bike idled fine at 1k rpm then as I kept twisting the throttle to keep the bike running the idle just pooped down to 0.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Ok I'm thinking of just doing that manual Idle, but I'm just curious as for the reason why? prior to pulling the motor out it was fine then when I put the motor back in it does this. Only thing I forgot to set was the throttle cable that connects to the throttle body under the air box so I just set it back to what I felt was reasonable. At first the bike idled fine at 1k rpm then as I kept twisting the throttle to keep the bike running the idle just pooped down to 0.
why?......... Its an electronic device:biggrinjester:, idk but before I did the Manual Idle I did readjust the ISC and it helped and was fine for another couple months and then it started to happen again one time I even stalled because of the damn thing.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why?......... Its an electronic device:biggrinjester:, idk but before I did the Manual Idle I did readjust the ISC and it helped and was fine for another couple months and then it started to happen again one time I even stalled because of the damn thing.
yea I really didn't adjust anything other than remove and put it back. I'm guessing that by removing the TB it got adjusted on its own lol that or I didnt adjust the throttle cable correctly on the TB. I got a trackday coming up in a week so hopefully my local dealer would have that manual adjuster in stock...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like you have the return cable too tight.
This might have been the issue.I started the bike and it didnt want to start correctly it bogged and died out. So I took the airbox out and re-adjusted the TB cable's and also drained out the old fuel because I had recently painted the tank so water might have mixed in the tank and into the fuel system. I then put half a gallon of race fuel and started the bike and all seems good, idle is normal and nothing was bogging. So I'll start it again tomorrow see if it has trouble starting, which I hope not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.