Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a hyperpro steering damper, with active damping, off a member here, and was just curious if anyone has an install how-to. im sure i will figure it out once it arrives and i look at everything, but i just want to make sure i dont miss anything. anyone how has put theirs on themselves chime in on anything to watch for. Thanks in advance guys. :thumbup:

also any tips on removing the stocker stabilizer would help too. :whistle:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Did you buy the oem mount or top mount? the oem dampner is really easy to take off a couple of bolts. If you bought the OEM mount hyperpro, it justs bolts right back in super easy. As far as a top mount, I don't know can't be that hard. I'm sure someone else will chime in on that model.

·
Registered
712 Posts
ive been looking online for you and cant find anything. if you cant figure it out let me know and ill try to walk you through it. the way i shipped it was put together you just have to take it apart to install, and the two bolt and washers that are seperate from the kit are the two that go to mounting the base through the tank to the frame.

·
Registered
712 Posts
and forgot to mention about the engine and clutch sliders. the longer one goes on the left side as your sitting on it, and the short on the right. when you put that on one side where the bolt slides through (think the right) the holes not opened up big enough so you will have to drill it out. basically a drill bit that will fit in the hole but not effect the outside. almost positive i used a 5/16th bit.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya its a top mount, ive been searching on here as well quite a bit, found nothing. maybe i will write up a How to for this when i figure it out.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW the damper and sliders just arrived at my door. packaged great. thanks again for the parts :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
BTW the damper and sliders just arrived at my door. packaged great. thanks again for the parts :thumbup:
Louie, no How To as far as I am aware. But the Top Mount install is really not that bad. The instructions aren't great, but just line up the items as they appear in the pictures and use your common sense if something does not seem right.

I have installed mine twice and installed one for jtnyc (Jeff). Ask him, his never fell off.. as far as I know. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha and hopefully it doesnt come off in the future. thanks for the advice, it dint come with the install instructions, kind of why i asked on here. anyway, got it in the mail today, lined it up, and i think its going to be easy. ill update later when i get a chance to install. prob later this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts