Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Resident Tech
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I figured I'd share with you all different style of modding in regards to HIDs by usingan H4 Hi/Lo (electromagnetic operated) bulb. Additionally, I made a pretty good Howto video of the headlight disassembly. I hope this helps somebody.

I'll post pics up when that issue gets resolved.

I got the fixed HID with one Hi/Lo H4 HID from DDM. $125.00 with the harness that goes from battery to HIDs. Very nicely made and worked very well for what I wanted to do. Highly recommend if someone wants to mimic my design. I also chopped the bracket and shield in the Lo projector that blocks half of the light. Definitely do this if you have your headlight apart!

(left) Hi beam housing before H4 Mod Hi beam housing before H4 Mod and (right) after H4 Mod

(left) Low Projector Lens before plate and (right) Low Projector Lens after plate and bracket removal

H4 Mod housing next to Lo beam Mod housing

(left) black on black and (right) HALOs added

(left) HALOs soldered into existing daytime running lights (right) HALOs on

HIDs installed.

(left) Euro turn signal wiring to original daytime running lights (now my turn signals) and (right) HID Wiring with switch to turn on and off

(left) HID switch engaged

bike back together again and primed ready for paint

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
By removing the cut off does this make it like a high beam?

Just wondering... do you have pics of the after mod?

Nice vid!

-Nigel

·
Registered
577 Posts
Very nice video how-to, if I find myself with a full weekend to work on the bike I think I'll finally take the plunge to paint my housing internals, thanks!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
nice dude

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yes it will look like a Hi beam, just aim it down. Thanks. Pics posted in 1st post.
nice i have mine apart again... this time doing my halos. i should take it out this time.

·
Resident Tech
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow that is really clean! If I didn't want to rip my headlights apart I would ship you my headlight housing and have you do that but in Gold!

And do a diff color halo?
Yea I have seen Halos in yellow, red, white, blue and green.
The Halo size required is 85mm

And if you find the correct gold you want. I have no prob doing it for you as long as you just pay for shipping back to you. Don't need the money.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Excellent video Nick!

EDIT: Doh!

I'd like to fit these to mine and if I do will refer back to this very useful thread. Nice one.
:grin:

·
Registered
525 Posts
very nice write up man, u should post more pics of just the halozz on and maybe some night pics... :) NICE JOB i honestly cant find any other write ups yet...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts