Triumph 675 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Wow.....this post (the first one in this thread) was my very first post ever on the forums, and now it's a sticky. My heart is filled, glad it did some good and thanks for the warm welcome. I'll celebrate by unwrapping my last mint. Been saving it for a special occasion hahaha. Take care gang. :lol:

· Registered
7,276 Posts
Red 675 said:
ShaneXman said:
Red 675 said:
This is an incredible post, please make this a sticky.
Done! :twisted:
With a quickness too, thanks!

Michael
What benefits one is sure to benefit the community. It was my pleasure. :p

· Registered
603 Posts
I feel like a bit of a twit asking this, but when you disconnected the brake fluid reservoir and hose, then reconnected them after the new bars were installed, did you have to bleed the brake system?

· Registered
683 Posts
definately!!! you should... when I installed mine,,, pured some fluid and without putting the cap back on try and squeeze the handle.. you will notice bubbles comming out towards the resevoir.... i mean bunch of em... so probobly I recomend getting those bubbles out of the new hose system by squeezing constantly, then bleed the master cylinder, then bleed the left/right caliper. I did the caliper first then the master cylinder, for some reason I had an itch to scratch and did the calipers once again 3 days later, and found a bit of bubbles still,,, so i recomend doing the master then the caliper in the end. and the stiffness of the handles comparable before I touched the damn thing.

· Registered
369 Posts
Well I finally got around to installing the Cycle Cat risers. They sure work as advertised. Great quality, well labeled, not terribly difficult to install (Thanks to this post!!!). The instructions Cycle Cat provided left a bit to be desired....almost no pictures, no help in getting the bar ends off, and no mention at all about having to disconnect the brake fluid reservoir. But with this post pulled up on the laptop, it was a relative breeze to install. I can't wait to try them out this weekend.

· Registered
369 Posts
There is no danger of the forks getting out of alignment. You do, of course, have to put the top triple clamp back on and torque down the big nut before riding the bike!!!

BTW, I rode the thing about 100 miles yesterday, and the bars make a significant difference in comfort. I am very happy with them.

Don't ask me how many inches the bars moved up/back/out, cuz I didn't take measurements. I have them all the way up tho, and pointed back at about the same angle (horizontally) as stock.

· Registered
76 Posts
I installed my Cycle Cat bars a while ago, thanks to Toni for getting them shipped Down Under in good time.

Having done two decent rides (about 400kms on each day) I can say they are worth the effort.

I have them adjusted as high as they will go and swept back about one centimeter (half an inch) from stock. As has been mentioned, they make all the difference. Installation was easy enough. Getting them adjusted properly is a bit fiddly, but perseverence pays off.

I agree the included instructions are quite vague and leave a lot of relevent information out. They may as well say "Take the stock bars off and put these ones on."

Anyone thats handy with tools can install them easily enough.

The instructions at the beginning of this thread are pretty much spot on.

Cheers,
Brett.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
EarthBM said:
When you take the triple clamp off, is there any risk of forks going out of alignment? Do you need to have the front support that goes inside the stem?
I measured how far down my triple clamp was before removing, so I knew where to place them upon reinstallation.

Michael

· Registered
961 Posts
thecycleguy said:
You do, of course, have to put the top triple clamp back on and torque down the big nut before riding the bike!!!
Or if you wanted, you could use a front stand and slide the forks down, slip the clip-ons in and slide the forks back up. I had to take my front wheel off to change the tire, so I did nime this way.

· Registered
94 Posts
AWESOME write up! I ordered my a few weeks back in "gold", and will use your experience to adjust them once they arrive. I was worrried that they wouldn't make a huge difference but they obviously do once they are adjusted to personal preference.

Thanks again!

· Registered
131 Posts
antirich said:
How difficult is it to switch the setting back to a more agressive mode for track usage? Or, is the most agressive setting still more relaxed than stock?
quote]

They are super easy to adjust, it would probably take me 5mins to adjust them to a more aggressive riding style.

· Registered
16 Posts
Red 675 said:
(it took me two weeks to find this post, as I thought you were installing Helibars). And bye the way, since for some reason, I thought you installed Helibars, I purchased those, hope it works out, people really seem to like those also, but the adjustablity would be nice too.

Thanks again!

Michael
Hi guys, this is my first post though I've been reading a lot here. I bought my graphite 675 in july 06 and still am a proud and lucky owner. These adjustments you are talking about really intrest me. First question: can I get them delivered in Belgium? Second: should I go for the Helibars or the Cycle Cat? I am planning on a trip to Bordeaux (South of France, 850 km) and I think these guys will get me there with a little less pain...

· Registered
6 Posts
Fritske said:
Red 675 said:
(it took me two weeks to find this post, as I thought you were installing Helibars). And bye the way, since for some reason, I thought you installed Helibars, I purchased those, hope it works out, people really seem to like those also, but the adjustablity would be nice too.

Thanks again!

Michael
Hi guys, this is my first post though I've been reading a lot here. I bought my graphite 675 in july 06 and still am a proud and lucky owner. These adjustments you are talking about really intrest me. First question: can I get them delivered in Belgium? Second: should I go for the Helibars or the Cycle Cat? I am planning on a trip to Bordeaux (South of France, 850 km) and I think these guys will get me there with a little less pain...
Hi, I see nobody replied to the question about Cycle Cats versus Helibars, anybody have an opinion (that has either)?
Where did you guys buy your Cycle Cats?
Thanks

41 - 60 of 70 Posts