Triumph 675 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Registered
7,276 Posts
ofcounsel said:
Well, I tried installing these, followed the instructions that were included. I could not get the eccentric bushings to tighten up within the clamps. I ended up busting one of the allen screws inside the clamp.... :cry: :cry: :cry: I think I will call cyclecat tomorrow....I'm not sure I want them anymore.
Man...poor luck. :cry: The good news is that you know who will buy them once you get the replacement parts. :wink: :lol:

· Registered
43 Posts
ofcounsel said:
Well, I tried installing these, followed the instructions that were included. I could not get the eccentric bushings to tighten up within the clamps. I ended up busting one of the allen screws inside the clamp.... :cry: :cry: :cry: I think I will call cyclecat tomorrow....I'm not sure I want them anymore.
Call me. The number you left to call you back at does not connect to you. I will be in the office all day. I will look for you call.

· Mod & "Resident Baller"...
7,552 Posts
Just spoke to Chris at Oncycles, we confirmed that there was a minor mix up with the allen bolts in my packet that tighten the eccentric bushings (a little too long). :shock: As a result, the bolts were bumping up against the forks before they had a chance to tighten the claimp. In turn, the bushing couldn't tighten up. And as I kept on trying to tighten the bolt, it went nowhere, finally causing it to break. Chris was very helpful in diagnosing and solving the problem. He offered to overnight me replacement parts to get me out on the road. :D

I'll keep you all posted on the final install.

· Registered
7,276 Posts
ofcounsel said:
Just spoke to Chris at Oncycles, we confirmed that there was a minor mix up with the allen bolts in my packet that tighten the eccentric bushings (a little too long). :shock: As a result, the bolts were bumping up against the forks before they had a chance to tighten the claimp. In turn, the bushing couldn't tighten up. And as I kept on trying to tighten the bolt, it went nowhere, finally causing it to break. Chris was very helpful in diagnosing and solving the problem. He offered to overnight me replacement parts to get me out on the road. :D

You would think someone installing something would notice a problem like this....but I guess not. "LAZY!!!" :wink: :lol:

7,552 Posts
ShaneXman said:
ofcounsel said:

You would think someone installing something would notice a problem like this....but I guess not. "LAZY!!!" :wink: :lol:
Well, if you had been here like a true good friend should, this never would have happened. :shock: Its all your fault. :wink:

· Registered
7,276 Posts
ofcounsel said:
ShaneXman said:
ofcounsel said:

Well, if you had been here like a true good friend should, this never would have happened. :shock: Its all your fault. :wink:
I suppose you are right.... :? ......... :lol:

7,552 Posts
toxidomask said:
easy install?? ive been holding out to buy this stuff...
On a scale of 1 to 5, I would call it a 2+, but a little more time consuming than I thought. The pictures posted above are helpful.. but keep in mind that the pictures show the clamps installed incorrectly. The measurement hashmarks go on the inside of the fork, not the outside. The Hardest thing for you may be finding the 38mm socket to get the steering head nut off.

· Registered
144 Posts
ShaneXman said:
I want to order these....BADLY! I also want the CycleCat rear sets....but they are so damn expensive. :shock: 8)
I've got a few Cycle Cat bits on my Supersport, and yes they are pricey, but they are damn nice! But, I just don't see the need for 'other than stock' rearsets for the 675, they are perfectly placed for me and I like the spring loaded pegs. I've seen bikes dig in and flip when sliding down the track cause of rigid pegs...makes a seeemingly harmless lowside pretty ugly.

· BOTM Winner
473 Posts
I got ahold of the Triumph service manual and it calls for a torque setting of 90nm (which is about 66 ft/lbs ) for the 38mm nut holding the top triple clamp on, not 40 as stated in the original post.

a 38mm socket is 4/100ths or so smaller than a 1&1/2" socket. I'll be trying the install tonight using a 3/4" drive 1&1/2......I'll post my results later, hopefully.

· BOTM Winner
473 Posts
Here is a picture of the Triumph service manual for the 675..... section 13.3 if I remember correctly.

and a pic of the almost finished install. I'm waiting on new grips. While you're at it, you might as well....change the grips

· Registered
961 Posts
If you want an easy way to get the stock grip off, use an air compressor and an air nozzle. Just blow air in between the grip and bar. Then wiggle while blowing the air and the grip will come off every time.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Yamatr3 said:
If you want an easy way to get the stock grip off, use an air compressor and an air nozzle. Just blow air in between the grip and bar. Then wiggle while blowing the air and the grip will come off every time.
another thing you can do is get one of those little hoses from a aerosal can like the one on WD40. Spray(WD40) a little in there and twist it right off.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
This is an incredible post, please make this a sticky.
(it took me two weeks to find this post, as I thought you were installing Helibars). And bye the way, since for some reason, I thought you installed Helibars, I purchased those, hope it works out, people really seem to like those also, but the adjustablity would be nice too.

Thanks again!

Michael

21 - 40 of 70 Posts