Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww crap.

What do you recommend I check next?

I went for a ride and turned the bike off for ten minutes then tried to start it again. I pressed the starter button and the engine started to turn over when suddenly all the power cut off. No dash, lights, horn, anything.

None of the fuses are blown and the battery is fine.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Is the fuse in the picture the main fuse or just a spare?
that's the fuse
Sorry to correct you Decepticon Don, but that is NOT the fuse, it is the spare fuse for the starter solenoid.

Eldy, you will probably need to remove the tank to gain access to the fuse, as it is located under that transparent plastic cover at the front of the starter solenoid. I'd agree that the fuse is probably blown from what you have said. If it is blown then finding out why it blew could be difficult.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
It's actually the main fuse for all of the bike - not just the starter solenoid. (That's the real fuse of course - not the spare).

Rob
It certainly is. If that blows, NOTHING will work. How do I know? Er, don't ask.....................:whistle:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well... I did as MacBandit did and removed the tank rear pivot bolt and got to the fuse. Only thing is that it wasn't blown. I checked for exposed wire and all the wiring harness connections and everything seems okay. What should I check next and how?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The power problem has been resolved. The battery was the culprit. It was showing 13.0V on a multimeter without a load and only a month and a half old.

A friend came over and hooked up the bike to a known healthy battery and all is well.

If you have a similar problem, try using a known healthy battery before you start unplugging and checking the electrical harnesses for continuity and short circuits.

Keywords: no power cut out electrical fuse suddenly die

1 - 16 of 16 Posts