Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed that lowering rear suspension plate that Flux sells. I'm really happy with the outcome. The bike is lower, feels smoother, and has given me lots more confidence with the 20mm height reduction. However, now the front feels a little on the high side. I've never messed with the front forks/suspension on the bike before and this is all new to me. Logic tells me that I should lower the front forks slightly to compensate for the rear lowering plate, am I right? If so, how do I lower the forks as I havent the faintest idea where to start! Photos would be great if anyone has done this before or knows of a similar thread from before. Thanks guys, as always I'm very appreciative of you time and help. JP.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
if your not happy with dampening the front suspension at the top of the forks my guess would be that you have to get shorter springs

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
Your going to have to loosen the triple clamp bolts, called fixings in brit speak,and move the outer tubes up in the clamps. If you don't have a clue get some help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be happy to dampen it at the front if I knew how to understand what to turn and which way to turn it and by how much! Is there any good websites that give info/pics/vids on how to do this? Sorry if this seems basic to you guys but its quite daunting for a first timer! Thanks again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everybody. just had a quick look at that video 'badmonkey', thanks for that link, good detail and video quality. Will give it a shot over the weekend in the hope that my bike is better set up when I head to the Isle of Man TT next week!!!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
9 inch grinder ????

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rake and trail boys...... what are you talking about?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts