Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my HIDs installed and read that it's best to disable the pass switch since flickering HIDs will shorten the life span. Does anyone have any simple tips on how to do this? I looked in the service manual and all they have is the circuit diagram. There's no exploded view of the left handlebar. Is there a simple plug I disconnect or should I just cut the wires? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just got my HIDs installed and read that it's best to disable the pass switch since flickering HIDs will shorten the life span. Does anyone have any simple tips on how to do this? I looked in the service manual and all they have is the circuit diagram. There's no exploded view of the left handlebar. Is there a simple plug I disconnect or should I just cut the wires? Thanks for your help.
Stunters drill a small hole into both sides of their RUN switch and put a safety pin through to keep from killing the bike when they grab the bars. Maybe something like that?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You can take the whole left switch apart and disable to passing one, to identify you can use a multimeter (find out which one it is and cut it or something like that)?? i heard ppl using that switch to open their garage door, so you must be able to get to it some how. Be careful not to disable to wrong wire though :p. hope that helps.

eden

·
Registered
5 Posts
just take it apart and cut one of the wires going to the pass switch... the bar controles are wired together so there isnt any thing to unplug... i wouldnt drill any holes i am a stunter and i have drilled befor but the u get water iin your controle....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts