Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the simple question, i have recently bought a used daytona 675, have read the manual book but still cant get the seat off. so far i have turned the seat lock as far as it will go anti clockwise, (until you can hear the lock opperate) and then tried to pull the seat up and towards the back of the bike but the pad will not budge..... have i missed something obvious? many thanks, new member guernseydaytona

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
At first glance your question would open the door to some serious flaming but there have been a few people with issues of their seat getting stuck. So no you're not missing anything. Do a search to see how they fixed it. Then when you finally get it off, spray a little bit of lube down there to make sure the mechanism works fine. Turn the key a few times to work the lube into the whole area (with seat off of course).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Push down on the back of the seat as you turn the key as well, it may turn more actually releasing the seat. Don't be afraid to push down kind of hard to get the pieces to separate. Once you get it off the first time you'll see how it works making it much easier from here out. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
At first glance your question would open the door to some serious flaming but there have been a few people with issues of their seat getting stuck. So no you're not missing anything. Do a search to see how they fixed it. Then when you finally get it off, spray a little bit of lube down there to make sure the mechanism works fine. Turn the key a few times to work the lube into the whole area (with seat off of course).
:grin:

Push down on the back of the seat as you turn the key as well, it may turn more actually releasing the seat. Don't be afraid to push down kind of hard to get the pieces to separate. Once you get it off the first time you'll see how it works making it much easier from here out. Good Luck!

ahahahahhahaahhahah
+1 Hahaha. :laugh:

Anyways, try the above responses.. both are pretty spot on. If you cannot get the seat off that way, try using a tool to move the seat release mechanism.. I have done it that way before.

-John

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have a friend push down for you if you have small weak arms haha
I've been having problems opening my gas tank lock and it really ticks me off.
N e ways good luck

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
And remember it's the rear part which lifts up, confused me in the beginning, too :whistle:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
HAHAHA! It was funny when someone noticed my post and even funnier when mont had a similar post! It works with no lube but having it lubed up makes it go so much smoother! :biggrinjester:

+1 Hahaha. :laugh:

Anyways, try the above responses.. both are pretty spot on. If you cannot get the seat off that way, try using a tool to move the seat release mechanism.. I have done it that way before.

-John

·
Registered
4 Posts
It sounds like the cable to release the seat has come un-done. This happened to me. Luckily, Triumph was smart enough to add in a way around it. PM me if you'd like.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So, the rear rider seat is bolted on, on my 07? Is that normal. It's funny because I have to have a tool, to get to the toolbox. :)

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts
So, the rear rider seat is bolted on, on my 07? Is that normal. It's funny because I have to have a tool, to get to the toolbox. :)
The allen wrench to take the passenger seat off is attached to the underside of the rider seat.

·
Registered
955 Posts
now my seat got stuck too... I'm pushing very hard the back of the seat while I turn the key, but the seat don't release.
shit.

·
Registered
955 Posts
good lord, I'm about to kill myself.
after 1hour trying, I'm freaking tired and still cant remove the seat.

i think it's fucked up; any tips to remove if without BREAKING it?
i used to remove it fairly easy 100% of times; now it's stucked.

DAMNNN!!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Try pushing down on the seat, and sliding seat forward at the same time.Then lift up on rear of seat. If that doesn't work remove rear seat using an allen wrench. with rear seat removed look under back of front seat. try removing seat while looking to see what is not working. should be able to access locking mechanism with a screwdriver. while turning key push mechanism with screwdriver.

·
Registered
955 Posts
i removed the rear seat but i can't see nothing.

well, i almost cracked my seat when i bend it to see the locking mechanism; everything seems to be working properly: the cable moves and everything, but i cant remove the seat.
sprayed some wd-40 in the locking system and still nothing.

dunno what to do... i need to charge my battery because it's drained and this f*cking seat is holding me back.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I did! I just grabbed the cable, remove from its "housing" (where the white piece is attached) and voilla; i think the cable itself was stucked somewhere and the spring wasnt pressed at it's full extension.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts