Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I bought an HM dash for R6 13s thinking I could adapt to my Daytona... So I made a bracket and uploaded the Daytona firmware, fitted it in and then... nothing. Blank screen.
So I finally understood that if I don't have the Daytona backplate then it won't work. But now that I have the dash and spent quite a lot of time and money to built a nice bracket, I was wondering if that would be possible to just built a small harness and, with the dashboard connector pin-out of both bikes, just link the corresponding pin together. But I tried to find the correspondance online, it's not easy for someone who hasn't studied electronics. Could anyone help to find the correspondance, or it may not be possible at all?
Appreciate your inputs.

· Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
Do they not still sell the mounting plate with dash interface separately for each particular bike model? I thought that was one of the selling points, that you can take it from bike to bike and just buy the different backing plate.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do they not still sell the mounting plate with dash interface separately for each particular bike model? I thought that was one of the selling points, that you can take it from bike to bike and just buy the different backing plate.
Yeah actually you don't only need the bracket but also the back plate where the 16 pins connector is fitted. Apart from this little detail, yes it can be installed on any bike after firmware update. But this dash is the old model and they don't sell the back plate separately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts