Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes yes, I know what your thinking, but I need help. The previous owner installed these and they are mounted with the low beam setup and seems like a 4000 low beam installed, due to it being pretty blue. I just need help in identifying what I can get for a high beam....I am really looking for a extremely bright high beam for the night. Looking for pure white, no colors.

Also I think the low beam is kind of weak, but it might be due to the reflectors in the headlights. Wouldn't mind upgrading to a stronger low beam. Owner looked for the original box but couldn't find it.

Like I said, the low beam is setup and has been drilled into the light housing. I would have to do it to the high beam which I can find how to somewhere.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
4000 K should be greenish, 5000 k is supposedly white, I've got 6000 K with matching LED running lights and it's perfect, the hint of blue is nearly invisible.

The 35 W lowbeam should be alright and the bulb needs not be drilled, there must be something wrong, there... Daytona or Striple ? Because totally different biz :whistle: Maybe it just needs beam adjustment if it's a Daytona, but I can't speak for the Striple.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Striple R uses H4 dual filament bulbs - 2 of those should give more than enough light, and high efficiency halogens will give a boost if it's really needed.

These need bi-xenon emitters with a shutter to switch between hi and lo beam, and because the beam pattern is even worse than a standard emitter they shouldn't be considered at all unless a HID specific projector is used. The emitter should never be fitted into the stock reflector.

Don't know what the other striple uses, but with single filament bulbs the startup delay on HID means that it's better to use high efficiency halogens (eg Phillips Xtreme Power) for high beam

Rob

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Daytonas get a H7 and a H9, and HIDs work perfectly on them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guess I will be looking for Philips Xenon HID bulbs at the stores,ha.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tbone. The hid kit is already installed for low beam and high. The low beam was FULLY installed, the high was installed on the inner fairing but no harness was put through the headlight to actually use the HID bulb....so I just need the HID bulb.

But I am going to double check, I am dumb sometimes....thanks again!!!'

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
inner fairing
So I guess Daytona... It's quite irritating when people asking for help don't provide useful details, and even worse when they don't answer easy questions :whistle:

·
Registered
957 Posts
OK, but fyi the kits are 22.50$ ea. so for less than 50$ you can get 2 NEW ballasts and 2 NEW bulbs in the color (k) you want...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Indeed, and it makes me wonder how the hell 3000 K are blue...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I apologize. Yes a Daytona, Tornado Red, the fastest color :)

I checked, that is EXACTLY what I need Tbone, thank you. Everything is mounted, the HID kit is plug n play(well and drill the plastic to mount). So I am ordering at least one...now :)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do need to order two if I want to change both low and high am I correct? H7 will be 8k, while H9 will be 6k

·
Registered
180 Posts
OK, but fyi the kits are 22.50$ ea. so for less than 50$ you can get 2 NEW ballasts and 2 NEW bulbs in the color (k) you want...
What the?! I literally just came back from DDM and picked up a set in the pouring rain... 35W 6K (H7) and 55W 6K (H9) and I had to pay an additional $7.50 for the 55W?!?!?! The guy I dealt with wasn't one of the nicest... but they do have PLENTY of the H4, H7 & H9's in stock!!! There were probably 8 guys in the warehouse packing kits away for shipment...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is what I paid, got the low and high for $30 a piece. So 7.50 more. If it is actually providing 40% more light, I will take it for only 7.50

·
Registered
957 Posts
I do need to order two if I want to change both low and high am I correct?
yes

dude get 2 NEW ones, and get them in the same K temp, (side note-because the projectors have a different shapes between the high and low even if you get the same K temp on both the color will be slightly different. that is because the light is being focused differently in their respective projector.), i got 6k 55 watt for both. they have a hint of blue. if you are looking for white i would go with 5K.

What the?! I literally just came back from DDM and picked up a set in the pouring rain... 35W 6K (H7) and 55W 6K (H9) and I had to pay an additional $7.50 for the 55W?!?!?! The guy I dealt with wasn't one of the nicest... but they do have PLENTY of the H4, H7 & H9's in stock!!! There were probably 8 guys in the warehouse packing kits away for shipment...
the 55 are more $, that is correct.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Man, that'll look like Marilyn Manson's eyes :biggrinjester:

If that's not what you're looking for, sorry, be you were warned -_-

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Naw I love the hint of blue. I hope it isnt TOOO blue. From what I seen, just right.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts