Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed 35w h7 6000k and 55w h9 6000k from DDM tuning and took it out to try it out and everything worked great hi and low beam worked. Towards the end of my ride i noticed the hi beam wouldnt work anymore would just flash once when turned on. When i turned the bike off both lights worked so i turned the bike back on and they worked. So i took it back out only to find the same problem 5 miles later. Trying to figure out why it is doing this.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
where are your ballasts located? could be that the high beam one is overheating....though i haven't really seen a case of ballasts overheating.

other than that....possible loose connection / battery problem / electrical problem

someone that's more knowledgeable should chime in soon

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had a similar problem. That is what led me to realize that I had a charging system problem. I didn't know I had a probem before that because I always keep my bike on a battery tender. It's may be worth searching for the ultimate charging system diagnostic thread on this forum and put a meter on your bike to make sure your regulator/rectifier and stator are okay. Just a thought.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a similar problem. My high beam would flicker on and off when hitting bumps in the road. It was the bulb disconnecting from the harness during vibration. I would completely re-check your entire installation first, then check your R/R and stator (charging system). Although HIDs take less power to run, they take more initial power to start.

I believe DDM kits have a lifetime warranty, so if everything checks out, you might ask for a complete new kit.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I had a similar problem. My high beam would flicker on and off when hitting bumps in the road. It was the bulb disconnecting from the harness during vibration. I would completely re-check your entire installation first, then check your R/R and stator (charging system). Although HIDs take less power to run, they take more initial power to start.

I believe DDM kits have a lifetime warranty, so if everything checks out, you might ask for a complete new kit.
^^^ +1

The high-beam is not igniting. My former Daytona and Tiger will, both, do this if they're not running. Any bike will if something is amiss in the electrics. If you don't already, you need to keep your bike on a Battery Tender at all times, when it's not being ridden. The Daytona is notorious for having a marginal charging system and battery size. As posted it takes a lot of juice to initially fire the HID bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts