Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a buddy of mine is jealous i'm about to run off and pick up a nice looking SE so he saw this and asked my opinion. I said its a good deal but little pricey figured I'd ask you guys and see what price he should offer for this bike.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/mcy/2200951212.html

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well the ad is lying, those mods don't come near $5k. I'd offer him 6k MAYBE.
Maybe if you include the labor to install the mods , but for the most part mods don't add much to the valve. I would offer maybe $5500 tops to be honest. I have seen way to many floating around for less. If I remember right we even had a Red one on here for $4500 but then my memory ain't what it used to be.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Maybe if you include the labor to install the mods , but for the most part mods don't add much to the valve. I would offer maybe $5500 tops to be honest. I have seen way to many floating around for less. If I remember right we even had a Red one on here for $4500 but then my memory ain't what it used to be.
Normally I'd be with you, but KBB is 5940. Granted it's a shit economy and most bikes aren't worth even that, but average 07's have over three times the mileage, probably aren't as well cared for and don't come with as many extras PLUS OEM parts. OP, your buddy could sell the OEM parts he's replaced and be in it for ~5-5500. If the seller has maintenance records proving he's taken as good care of it as he claims, that's a good deal to me.
http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2007/triumph/daytona-675/175787

·
Registered
862 Posts
I agree $6K max. Yes it is cared for but mods do not add to value, often times they actually decrease it.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Mods really don't increase the resale value. Sad for people like us, but true. It's why I can restore my entire bike to its original state quite easily.

Way way way to high. A year and a half ago I bought a perfect condition 1500 mi 2009 675. Granted that was pretty much the deal of the century, but my point is that it's been a year and a half and that was the newest model (for all intents and purposes there's a pre 09 model and a 09+ model). For the bike you linked I wouldn't pay more than $5000.

The seller mentioned that he'll give the buyer the original parts, so if he ends up buying it, unless your buddy really likes the mods I'd swap the original parts back on and make a bit of extra cash back by selling the modded parts separately. Especially the exhaust if it's not his cup of tea.

Best possible weapon for buying a motorcycle, ESPECIALLY during the winter, is being able to walk away. If you offer him 4 or 5K and he says no, then just say he can call if he changes his mind, but remind him you'll be shopping for a bike in the meantime.

·
Registered
712 Posts
yes you did have a red one on here for that much. it was mine. and a guys supposed to be flying in this weekend to look at it. and aftermarket dont add price to the blue book value. they only add price in your eyes. if its worth it to you buy it, if not offer blue book and go from there.

·
Registered
596 Posts
$6k is too rich for my blood. How many bolts did he strip putting all that stuff on?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
i bought my 07 graphite in dec of 08 for 6k. it had 2500 miles on it.

that price is way too high. the added bits are good ones, no real cheap shit, but its not like he has full suspension done forks and rear etc.

that would jump the price in my book. but tell your friend to have a look in the classifieds here. there are tons of deals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.