Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just got a pitbull "new front stand" and for the life of me, I can't get the pin to slide into the bottom side of the triple tree. I took the pin out to test it and it fit fine, but once I put it on the end of the stand, I can't get it to go in. I think it is hitting the horn.. anyone else have any issues using it? If not, any tips? I feel like a moron, but I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks
-Brian

Edit: After re-inspection, the horn is definitely in the way. I tried to just slide it out of the way, but no luck. I think I'll have to re-locate it.

After a subsequent search on "relocate horn" i see that other guys have had the same issue.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah the horn definitely gets in the way of the stand but I was able to loosen the bolt on mine, twist the horn out of the way and then retighten the bolt. The stand's pin slid into the triple tree just fine after that.

Hey guys,

I just got a pitbull "new front stand" and for the life of me, I can't get the pin to slide into the bottom side of the triple tree. I took the pin out to test it and it fit fine, but once I put it on the end of the stand, I can't get it to go in. I think it is hitting the horn.. anyone else have any issues using it? If not, any tips? I feel like a moron, but I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks
-Brian

Edit: After re-inspection, the horn is definitely in the way. I tried to just slide it out of the way, but no luck. I think I'll have to re-locate it.

After a subsequent search on "relocate horn" i see that other guys have had the same issue.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the t-rex one and had to loosen the horn twist it sideways outta the way, and re tighten. Also, i'm not sure about the pitbull, but with my t-rex i have to gently lift then nose/front up or the pin goes in crooked and gets caught up... other than that its mint :whistle:

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Ditto to SeRider. I have the Pit Bull Newfront stand and I just loosened the bolt on the horn a bit so I could swivel it and that's all that was needed. There was a place slightly to the side that I could tighten it to keep it out of the way of the stand and unable to interfere with steering, but I usually put it back in the center to calm my OCD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts