Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently bought a 2012 Daytona 675r with a race ECU as I just started my track day journeys. surprise I'm now a total track day junkie. on the third track day my rectifier had a short to ground and burnt up. No big deal I thought quick fix. popped in a new rectifier. since then my throttle mapping seemed to be off. not getting power in the lower RPM bands. so I called the guy who I bought it from seasoned racer and a good dude. went over to his house and tried to plug into his computer running TUNE ECU. couldn't make any connections. (I'm guessing its the cable I have a new one coming in the mail). would there be anything else causing the bike to not connect? bike starts up just fine and idles fine

this is the ECU I am running. probably a shot in the dark but I'm also looking for back up parts for the ECU incase it fries.
645d-190g-ob1 9212-806453 keihin 1290676 ecu

·
Registered
520 Posts
The cable is a good starting point.
Does the one you ordered comply with the standard listed on the TuneECU website? If not, it’s not likely to work either.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought a new cord. dropped in a new map and at first everything seemed to be going well. I did feel like the bike was short on power but by the third time out on the track the bike went into what ima assuming was limp mode and wouldn't go over 60MPH. I plugged it back in and no faults no issues on tune ECU. now when I start it it fires up but ay input of the gas generally kills the motor or it runs rough. I'm guessing when the rectifier blew up it may. have damaged the ECU. without a replacement I think I would need a whole new harness and new ECU. my question is it can I stick with the same harness and use a different ECU? or do I need the OG ecu?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
There is no such thing as limp mode. Persoanlly I don't think it's got anything to do with the ECU. It sounds like a fuel issue. Start with the simple things like checking the filter in the fuel pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts