Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this idea in my head for some time but dont know where to get started. I want to produce a highly technical riding jacket that I could design and then presell to other riders. This would similar to the heroic racing group buy where people could view a prototype and then sign up for the group buy. The more people that buy of course the less per unit cost and more a of a commitment that could be made to the manufacturer. This would also allow for custom sizing which for jackets always seems to be a issue. The problem of course is I have no idea were to find a manufacturer that would work with me and could produce a prototype. I dont suppose anyone here has any trade secrets they'd be willing to share?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The problem I see is there are already a number of places in Australia where you can buy jackets like this, or at least have them made to your size.

If they are in Australia they must surely be in the States too. The motorcycle market is lucrative but also competitive due to the amount of existing options.

You've picked a very hard market to try and break into in my opinion. Good luck though, if it wasn't for people like you we'd all have identical jackets!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem I see is there are already a number of places in Australia where you can buy jackets like this, or at least have them made to your size.

If they are in Australia they must surely be in the States too. The motorcycle market is lucrative but also competitive due to the amount of existing options.

You've picked a very hard market to try and break into in my opinion. Good luck though, if it wasn't for people like you we'd all have identical jackets!
Thanks! :thumbup: who knows, could be a waste of time but i think I have some unique ideas

·
Registered
892 Posts
All I know is that you want Korean women to make them for you as they work long hours for little pay and don't complain. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts