Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Jardine exhaust for Christmas, followed instructions easily until it told me to remove the S pipe. I can't get this fucking thing out, I've tried searching to find out how and I saw someone mentioned a bolt under the gas tank but I can't find it, unless it is the one I think it is, but it's covered by wires and I can't get to it. So any advice for getting the S pipe out would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Got a Jardine exhaust for Christmas, followed instructions easily until it told me to remove the S pipe. I can't get this fucking thing out, I've tried searching to find out how and I saw someone mentioned a bolt under the gas tank but I can't find it, unless it is the one I think it is, but it's covered by wires and I can't get to it. So any advice for getting the S pipe out would be much appreciated.
Okay, so at what point are you stuck, removing the s-pipe? Have you removed the rear muffler etc and also unbolted the clamp where it connects to the header? Also the bolt where it attaches to the rear sub-frame? The pipe can be slid off the header, and will now be loose.

Here's the tricky part - sliding it out.(be careful not to scratch the swingarm etc.) If you have the bike on a paddock stand, take it off and put it on the side-stand, this gives more clearance as the rear suspension isn't as compressed. Also if you can get someone to lift up on the rear of the bike as well, to extend the suspension a little more it will help too. If you're lucky you might be able to get it out like this, otherwise you will have to loosen the bolts in the plastic "battery tray" under the seat, and sit that up a little bit. Once this is done it should come out no worries, just remember be careful not to bang and scratch anything on the way out!

Hope this helps with the removal, install should then be pretty straight forward.:thumbup:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ohh yes, and i forgot to mention - nice chrissy present! You will enjoy the sound hehe

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds like you have a Daytona. The "S pipe" is the rear midpipe after the 3 to 1 joint. On my Street Triple, I had to remove the seat and the plastic bellypan (including all components, battery, coolant reservoir, etc.) so that it could be loosened and lifted upwards through the frame. You're going to have to unplug a few connections, which can seem more complicated than it is. Just move slowly and keep track of where everything goes by taking notes. I took mine out to wrap and seal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for help. Yes it is a Daytona. I already unbolted the clamps and disconnected it from the sub frame removed muffler ect., and I even removed the battery box bolts it think (there's only 3 of them right?) it doesn't move much though. Still having some issues but I'll try again later today.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can't remember exactly how many bolts total off hand hand, but there's certainly more than 3. There's a few bolts connecting the plastic tray (two separate pieces), a 6-8 around the sides into the subframe, some plastic snap clips, etc. and many more throughout the entire disassembly.

As you can see in the photo, everything has to come off. That includes bodywork, tail light, etc. Just go slowly and search methodically. After visually inspecting everywhere, feel free to tug a little, then investigate the area that isn't budging. Usually you'll find a bolt or something you missed.

Make sure to keep a tray of sorts. You do not want to loose any of these bolts. Take photos of everything you remove for reassembly. In the moment, you'll tell yourself "I'll remember this". But after longs hours in the garage, you most likely wont in at least a few places.

Thanks for help. Yes it is a Daytona. I already unbolted the clamps and disconnected it from the sub frame, and I even removed the battery box bolts it think (there's only 3 of them right?) it doesn't move much though. Still having some issues but I'll try again later today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of course I can't fit the new damn pipe in there.. any advice is welcome. I can lift the battery box up a little but it's not enough space. I have to take an anger break right now..

·
Registered
946 Posts
Apparently there's a small heat-shield somewhere under the seat or something on the 09+ bikes(i haven't had to find it, i've got an arrow on mine) that can interfere with the Jardine mid-pipe. Removing this may help...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I've got the new pipe into the headpipe now, but it's not all the way down, the bracket that connects to the sub frame is about an inch off

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is the midpipe seated fully? I'd loosen the clamp all the way and see if you can wiggle in better. If the midpipe is higher than the bolt under the frame, I'm guessing that's the cause.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is the midpipe seated fully? I'd loosen the clamp all the way and see if you can wiggle in better. If the midpipe is higher than the bolt under the frame, I'm guessing that's the cause.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: It's on. Fired it up checked for leaks, didn't find any but I'll double check it tomorrow, then I can put the tail section back on and ride again :cool:.
Thanks to everyone who helped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts