Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rebuilt my race bike following an off last season. I've not started the bike for over 5 months and have just refitted the tank this afternoon.

Anyway......charged the battery and hit the starter and the bike went straight to 12,000 RPM.......I had to shut it off with the kill switch.

Thought the throttle must be stuck but it's moving freely....so tried again.....straight to 12,000 rpm........

Any ideas? I'm hoping its somthing fairly simple as the bike was running fine last time I started it and I don't want to start ripping it to bits if someone else has any obvious fixes.......

Thanks

·
Registered
3,174 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just rebuilt my race bike following an off last season. I've not started the bike for over 5 months and have just refitted the tank this afternoon.

Anyway......charged the battery and hit the starter and the bike went straight to 12,000 RPM.......I had to shut it off with the kill switch.

Thought the throttle must be stuck but it's moving freely....so tried again.....straight to 12,000 rpm........

Any ideas? I'm hoping its somthing fairly simple as the bike was running fine last time I started it and I don't want to start ripping it to bits if someone else has any obvious fixes.......

Thanks
When you say that the throttle is moving freely, did you verify that the entire cable system is operating properly (i.e., the throttlebodies are closed) or just that the system feels fine when turning the throttle? I'm unaware of a means by which the bike can reach rpms that high without the TB's being pretty close to WOT.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this.

What is the Auto ISC? Is it on the throttle bodies? I think my bike already has a manual tickover fitted as I can change the tick over by a wheel sticking out the right hand side of the engine.

Bike has a PC3 fitted to will need to check that as well

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
yes its a little box and arm in between TB 2 and 3 if you have the manual idle already installed then check that, there are pics in the thread I posted so check it out:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
It's possible that as a result of your off there is some gravel or other debris under the tank which has (since last running the bike) moved to a position that is jamming the throttle open. Certainly worth taking off the tank and airbox to check that the throttles are being opened correctly by the throttle cable.

Just re-read your post and note you have rebuilt it since last running the engine. Logic suggests that it is something you have worked on and not put back correctly. So have a good look at all the areas you worked on, especially the above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts