Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to choose between an R6 and a D675...I'm really leaning toward the 675, but I heard that maintenance is a bitch and costs a whole lot. I'm looking to upgrade this November and I have yet to test ride both.

So for those of you that have had both an R6 and a D675, which is better in all aspects?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
imho the triumphs are easier to work on diy than any of the japanese bikes. yes, the major services cost more.....but you get a better bike (or rather a bike with more character)

·
Registered
683 Posts
I dont think the cost of maintenance is really much higher. Is there some wait time on parts yes. Its a bit harder to get triumph parts depending on if you have a good dealer close by, where are there a shit ton of Yamaha dealers.

They are both great bikes. It really comes down to what you want. I try and not listen to all the test and everything. All the 600s now are very closely matched. And this is a 675 fourm i would think 90% of us will say go with the 675!:cool2:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Racing = R6
Street = 675

Maintenance cost should be about the same. Aftermarket and parts will be cheaper and easier to find for the R6.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Still nothing...

I've also heard that the oem tires bald quickly?
my last bike was an R6. The thing was sweeet on the track. And no part ever failed on me. it was really dependable.

but it's nice to have some low end. and the D675 has more stock features and nice-to-haves then the R6 for the same price. D675 is a better allaround bike

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my last bike was an R6. The thing was sweeet on the track. And no part ever failed on me. it was really dependable.

but it's nice to have some low end. and the D675 has more stock features and nice-to-haves then the R6 for the same price. D675 is a better allaround bike
I heard from a D675 rider that I pulled up to that the only thing that needed changing was the exhaust. I'll have to test ride them both to have a final verdict, but it'll be my first time in "launch position"

·
Registered
59 Posts
i had a 2007 r6, currently on a '08 daytona 675.

both bikes are great, maintenance is relatively easy on both, if you're mechanically inclined and enjoy it. i wouldnt label either to be exorbitantly more difficult than the other.

as for parts, i live in canada. jap parts are a dime a dozen as we have bikes crashing all the time, and more often than not, its a 600 from one of hte big 4 jap companies. triumph parts are a little hard to come by (when i was ordering pieces for my street triple i had to wait a week or so, price was approx 15-20%higher than comparable parts for my r6).

as for riding, just sitting on both bikes and you'll instantly notice that the daytona is a lot slimmer than the r6. i also found the r6 seat to be a little more comfortable. but when it gets to riding, the daytona has more power in an rpm range that you can actually use when doing urban riding, and for that i love it. however, if i wanted a track machine, i think i would go r6, just because at high rpm's the bikes will be very comparable, and r6 parts will probably be cheaper and easier to find, especially with time being an issue during track season.

hope this helps,
insert

***edit***
i forgot to mention, the 675 triple sounds #&%$ing AMAZING!!!! and that tilts all scales in its favour.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
If you intend breaking parts on a regular basis, the R6 will probably have a steadier supply.

If you're planning on doing the maintenance yourself, more experienced mechanics than I have often said working on the D675 was easier.

If you intend riding the best bike, just test ride both, I'm pretty confident you'll find the D675 vastly superior.

If there were a single recurrent problem to nominate on the D675, It would be the R/R, it's very fixable, and from what I've heard, it's solved on the new bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.