Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received a sizable refund check from school, and am also about to make an order from riders discount. I'm thinking of adding on something else. I'm between getting the akrapovic slip on and the attack rearsets. Please persuade/lecture/yell at me.
(if needed) rant permission: granted :rant2:

·
Surfer of the lear
2,165 Posts
Unless you're uncomfortable on the bike, or you need a more aggressive riding position, I would go with the slip on.

However, you may want to consider spending the money getting your suspension set up for you. There are a lot of great deals from Ohlins, Penske and other suspension vendors right now.

If you're at all considering going to the track, get some plastics.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suspension is something I already have planned and kinda have money quarantined for. This is just something extra.
I'll have to look into the plastics. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
So I just received a sizable refund check from school, and am also about to make an order from riders discount. I'm thinking of adding on something else. I'm between getting the akrapovic slip on and the attack rearsets. Please persuade/lecture/yell at me.
(if needed) rant permission: granted :rant2:
Take more classes to help land a better job so you buy even more stuff. Not as fun, but way more valuable in the long run.

And how they Hell do you kids afford a 675 while in college? Don't tell me that's your only vehicle in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Don't listen to Rich, make yourself happy and buy what you know you really want.. The slip on. :laugh:

(Rich is correct too. :biggrinjester:)

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Take more classes to help land a better job so you buy even more stuff. Not as fun, but way more valuable in the long run.

And how they Hell do you kids afford a 675 while in college? Don't tell me that's your only vehicle in Michigan.
I had a 2007 car and a 2006 cbr in college. I worked a full time job and still managed to get a 3.5 gpa haha

So for the people that say kids of my decade are lazy, not is true for all of us.

·
Banned
941 Posts
What I gathered from the comments is that we need a bit more history on how/why you got a refund check from your school.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
What I gathered from the comments is that we need a bit more history on how/why you got a refund check from your school.
Exactly...if it were me I would put that towards my school loan asap. School loans are one of the loans you don't want to fuck with. But I'd like to hear the whole story as well. T

·
Banned
941 Posts
Exactly...if it were me I would put that towards my school loan asap. School loans are one of the loans you don't want to fuck with. But I'd like to hear the whole story as well. T
+1!!! I think the only way I would use a school refund towards moto accessories/parts is if I had no loans/debts and my parents were footing the bill. Even then, I would ask if they wanted the refund back first (hey, its their money).

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Excess "financial aid" which is refunded to me after the university has used all that it can for tuition and housing and such.
Um, I think you're talking fraud if you don't spend that money on education expenses. Money put aside for education is drawn from tax-free money (student grant, 529 fund, etc.). If you don't use it for a tax deductible purpose (ie: education), then you'll owe taxes, interest and penalties on the money.

I helped set up a 529 fund for my step son, which allowed us to save money for him tax free. If we pulled the money out for any other reason, there was a serious penalty on top of the taxes owed.

Don't F' around with the IRS. They'll take a while to catch up, but when they do, the penalties and interest add up. Ask Willie Nelson, Weslie Snipes and Al Capone.

But back to the bike, slip on would be a good bang for you buck mod.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Um, I think you're talking fraud if you don't spend that money on education expenses. Money put aside for education is drawn from tax-free money (student grant, 529 fund, etc.). If you don't use it for a tax deductible purpose (ie: education), then you'll owe taxes, interest and penalties on the money.

I helped set up a 529 fund for my step son, which allowed us to save money for him tax free. If we pulled the money out for any other reason, there was a serious penalty on top of the taxes owed.

Don't F' around with the IRS. They'll take a while to catch up, but when they do, the penalties and interest add up. Ask Willie Nelson, Weslie Snipes and Al Capone.

But back to the bike, slip on would be a good bang for you buck mod.
NO this is not always true. I have been in his shoes I always got money back after tuition and what not. Though I usually used it for school loans which in the long run helped me because now my loan doesn't suck as much.

A lot of my friends used the money for other things rather than school and none of them are disappearing randomly because of their taxes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts