Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am looking at getting either a Bell RS-1 or a Nexx XR1R but can not decide. The reviews on both seem to be great all around and the prices are about the same.

So was wondering if any of you have used either helmet? and what you think about it?

Thanks,
Stu

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I've got the Nexx XR1R Carbon, previously had a Shoei RF1100. It's just an awesome helmet. It's so light and comfortable, and the viewport is so big that I don't even realize I've wearing a helmet aside from the lack of wind in my face.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks for the response. I am looking at the all white XR1R and while not as light it doesnt seem to be much heavier.

For quality does the helmet seem pretty solid. I have been favoring the XR1R, but with it being such a new and not as heard of helmet I just kind of worry about how it will hold up incase it ever has to work for me kind of thing.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Don't forget it depends on your bike(s) and riding style, too, I love my Arai Corsair's little wing, keeps my head far steadier. Think about noise and pinlock availability, too ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
also, it really depends on fit. both are good helmets, but the best helmet is the one that is the right shape for your head. go to your local store and try a bunch on, then buy one that fits best.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't forget it depends on your bike(s) and riding style, too, I love my Arai Corsair's little wing, keeps my head far steadier. Think about noise and pinlock availability, too ;)
I actually have an Arai Corsair. It is a great helmet, but I just want to try something new.

also, it really depends on fit. both are good helmets, but the best helmet is the one that is the right shape for your head. go to your local store and try a bunch on, then buy one that fits best.
Yeah that is my problem because around here not to many stores carry anything of quality since Kansas is a choice state so you only have to wear a helmet if you want to (though I dont get why you wouldnt).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I actually have an Arai Corsair. It is a great helmet, but I just want to try something new.

Yeah that is my problem because around here not to many stores carry anything of quality since Kansas is a choice state so you only have to wear a helmet if you want to (though I dont get why you wouldnt).
New Hampshire doesn't require helmets either. Rode once without it just to see what it's like and it is pretty cool, although loud as shit. That's the one and only time I'll do that...

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I decided to go with the Bell RS-1 in black. From the reviews it just seems like a solid helmet and seems like it will fit me the best.

Thanks for the posts guys.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, at least you have a Cycle Gear! Here in Springfarm, we got squat - and the local dealers scream about why everyone shops the internet.
Yeah I usually try to support local places, but it seems a bunch of places have slimmed their stock down. Which to me is DUMB, but whatever the few places I order from online are great shops.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the RS-1 in the other day, while it has been to cold to ride. Fit and feel so far is great. Really liking this helmet. Its lighter than my Arai and the quality is top notch. I will probably sell the Arai Corsair now. Plus just the fact that I can change the face shield in like two seconds is awesome. Plus there is space for bluetooth headset.

Ill post some pictures up when I get time to take a picture of it.

Also I love the graphics on the AGV pretty pimp.

Sent from my Moto Droid.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went with the Icon-Variant etched in red, my other helemt is a icon- alliance ssr speedfreak in red, get what fits you i picked mine up @ my local store(riders choice) they ordered it on a friday was there tuesday

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just bought a Scorpion exo 1000. Bad ass helmet!!:thumbup:
I am actually not a huge fan, not because I have owned one sadly, but my buddy had and replaced it twice before getting a different helmet, but both times after a few months the shell started to peel, and after that I just never wanted to take the chance really.

I have to say though I am in love with my Bell so far. I am still curious what the Nexx would of been like though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts