Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was riding my bike when all of a sudden the gas light came on as i was at a stop light. I was like ( why is the gas light on i just filled up the tank and i have only driven 40 miles). next my check engin light came on WTF!!!!!!! so i give my bike a little throttle the tachometer needle was not moving when it was suppose to( i would rev, the engin would grunt then come down back to idle then the tach needle would move. so i was like okay my bike is tripping, so then i tried to rev a couple of times and it did the same exact thing!. The light finally turns green then as im giving it gas my bike cuts off so i pull the clutch in and cruise down the hill pulled off to the side and tried to turn my bike back on it would not cut on. i checked the engin oil it, it was good. It would not even make the little computer like noise when i turned it on so i figured it was the battery, but the battery should of been good its a new bike only 8 months old. luckily i was around the corner from my house so i pushed the bike 15 min to my house. when i got to my house i put jumper cables to my battery and i got it to start up. i let the bike run for a little then turned it off it would not cut back on it wouldent even make the noise it does when it start up and the guages lights were dim. the bike is under warrenty and im going to take it to the shop but i was just curious to see what you guys think the problem is. IS it the BATTERY OR ALTINATOR ????:angry::huh:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lots of posts on this one its something in the charging system normally the reg/rec its a common problem get it into the dealer and get it upgraded under warranty.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made two because i realized i could of posted this in maintenance section and i was gettting alot of views but no feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts