Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the tank off my D675 yesterday when I got home from work.

Today I took care of the work needed and realized I disconnected 2 extra plugs. I have no idea what they go to.

1 and 2 are situated more towards the right side of the bike. 3 and 4 is on the left and in the same loom. 1, 2 and 3 are female plugs, 4 is male. All plugs are two wire. Plugs two and three are identicle. The way the wire is bent, plugs 3 and 4 almost look like they plug into each other (and they can, plugs are compatible). Looking at wire colors, that looks about right, but I dont want to short anything out.

Help please :unhappy:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure if this matters, but its an 08 non SE.

I was looking through a few pics in Ruby Racings conversion thread. I believe plugs 1 and 2 go to the tank. What the hell are 3 and 4 for?

Credit - Ruby Racing

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think they will fit any other way.. I believe each plug has a unique end.

Its been awhile since I have taken my tank off though. I think its 1 + 3 to the tank, and 2 + 4 to each other.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think they will fit any other way.. I believe each plug has a unique end.

Its been awhile since I have taken my tank off though. I think its 1 + 3 to the tank, and 2 + 4 to each other.
Thats the thing, 2 and 3 are the exact same plugs (4 can plug into either of them). Plug 1 definitely goes to the tank though.

Man, I wish I wouldnt work on things when Im exhausted :frown:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'm going off memory here, so I may be wrong. But I think that the extra connectors are the recall fit relay that was required when some bikes were damaging the fuel pumps by turning off with the handlebar kill switch. Triumph Service Bulletin 384.

Do the connectors you have labelled 3 & 4 go off to a relay? This relay is located on the lower left side of the engine, next to the flapper valve actuator. If so then I think that's them and they connect to the connector that goes to the left side of the fuel pump. Basically the relay intercepts the connector from the loom, so the loom connector connects to one of the relay connectors and then the other relay connector connects to the tank.

More simply I would say Brown/2 connects to White/4 then you're left with a brown and black to connect to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I just took my tank off the other day. 1 and 2 connect to the fuel pump. Those 2 connections were not joined/split at the loom as you have pictured.

I don't recall disconnecting any other plugs when taking the tank off. Just those 2, a couple vent hoses, and the fuel line. Can't say I know what the other 2 plugs are for.

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I just took my tank off the other day. 1 and 2 connect to the fuel pump. Those 2 connections were not joined/split at the loom as you have pictured.

I don't recall disconnecting any other plugs when taking the tank off. Just those 2, a couple vent hoses, and the fuel line. Can't say I know what the other 2 plugs are for.

Hope that helps a bit.
If you have an early model then you may not have had this fix applied to your bike as your dealer may have forgotten to do the work. This was the case with my 2006 model. If it's a later model then the extra relay would have been incorporated in the loom at the factory, doing away with the extra connectors. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it is what I have said in my above post.

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you have an early model then you may not have had this fix applied to your bike as your dealer may have forgotten to do the work. This was the case with my 2006 model. If it's a later model then the extra relay would have been incorporated in the loom at the factory, doing away with the extra connectors. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it is what I have said in my above post.
Yup, I have an 09.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going off memory here, so I may be wrong. But I think that the extra connectors are the recall fit relay that was required when some bikes were damaging the fuel pumps by turning off with the handlebar kill switch. Triumph Service Bulletin 384.

Do the connectors you have labelled 3 & 4 go off to a relay? This relay is located on the lower left side of the engine, next to the flapper valve actuator. If so then I think that's them and they connect to the connector that goes to the left side of the fuel pump. Basically the relay intercepts the connector from the loom, so the loom connector connects to one of the relay connectors and then the other relay connector connects to the tank.

More simply I would say Brown/2 connects to White/4 then you're left with a brown and black to connect to the fuel pump.
:notworthy:

That appears to be it. I found the relay on the right:

Fuel pump primes, I havent started the bike yet as theres no exhaust on it at the moment and its in the garage. I like my ears.:whistle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts