Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So riding home i realised my guage display had lost brightness. So i got home turned the ignition on and off 3 or 4 times. Then took the high beams off and realised, when the light became bright again, it was the battry.

Then I went to start the bike instead of turning on it made a big click sound. Then the electics restarted as if I just turned on the bike again.

The keeps happening when i try to turn the bike on. I unplugged the battry, reconnected it and same problems.

I thinks its probable a fuse I broke although im not sure which one. There are 3 large fuses, 1 blue, 2 black and then the smaller ones in the single box.

Any ideas as what it could be? A fuse or something else?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Changed the battery with an old one I had.........

Fixed....

No idea why cos the other one wasnt flat....

But thankfully I can still go to work tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
charge both batteries

then run the electrical diag thread in the maintenance section

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well went to turn the bike on this morning and smoke starts coming out from under the tank.... Lifting the tank up its just one cable which looks black so hopefully, too much damage hasnt occured....

Now maybe from changing the battety I overided some electrical safety which wasnt allowing me to turn it on...

F*CK

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having a look around Im guessing that its my Reg/Rec as the cable which burnt out is the one directly attached to in then going into the main electrical loom.

Ahh well Ill take it to charlies (triumph mechanic in melbourne) tomorrow and he can fix it for me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhhh... More help needed,.,,, Called my Mechanic and he said and new one was $600 from Triumph!!! WHT>>>>>

Is he trying to profit $100 after triumph profit $300

I know the mosfet ones are $150 off regulatorrectifier.com + $34 postage to melb - Which is what im going to buy, unless anyone knows a place to get another (good) one cheaper? To australia!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Yeah they are bending you over the counter on that one. Check a few threads around here. There are some ebay stores got em. And then there's some how to guides, I think triumphrat has it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah just purchased the aftermarket one.... Will do the swap myself... Im done paying ppl... You want something done right... (or at least cheaper) Then do it yourself!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts