Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I installed my new regulator/ rectifier, all seemed good and the bike worked (for the 1st time in 2 weeks) Went for a small ride and on the way home I gave it a little and at 4-5 rmp it made a dadadada noise and didnt accelerate any further. Kinda like something was blocking it, fuel wasn't getting through, 1 or 2 cylinders were down or something similar.

Bike made it home, after 2 hours I took it for a ride up and down the block and it seemed fine again, Although I didn't ride it for long as didnt want to late at night.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be?

Also note that my engine light is on and has been for ages. I thought it was the valve blocked but tonight I pulled it apart and it moved fairly freely. However could this be my servo which does makes a ton of noise and I assume is broken.?

Would that affect the revs and engine?
Could the regulator/ rectifier - battery - stator have that effect?
Or is it something else like spark plugs?

any ideas or similar problems solved would be appreciated!!!

Wisey

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would start off with tune ecu to check for fault codes and carry out tests with the software. If it was my bike I would have checked this as soon as the engine light came on. Did you check your voltage with the bike running and off. If its not charging perhaps it could be a fault with your r/r or stator & install.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike had the engine light on when I purchased it. Guy told me that is was a jammed EXUP. Which it isnt. =-(... Although he prob through it was. I am only getting it registered now. Its my 2nd 675 and have only had it 2 months.

How do I tune the ECU? I would have to get my mechanic to do it.

I only replaced the RR today, with the MOSFET version. The stator hasnt been replaced and could be faulty. I guess tomorrow Ill need to buy a voltage meter and do some testing. Although could an electrical fault do that to the motor?

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts
Tune ECU is a free downloadable program which will let you tune for fuel and spark, and also check and clear fault codes.
Edit: find out what the fault code is before messing with anything.
The link to the thread is in my sig.vvvvvvv

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh good to know its just the EXUP. I have spend over 1 hr on the bike today and its been fine. I bet my servo is just fked. It still makes a ton of noise, even while riding

Cheers DecepticonDon, I just purchased the cable off ebay. - $10 from china. I got 2 just in case. Then Ill work out whats going on and tune her up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts