Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I am finally picking up a 675 daytona, and there are 2 choices i cannot decide between. Hopefully you guys can give me some insight...

Option 1 :$4500
-15,000 miles 12k service just done
-minor cosmetic damage
-comes with race plastics
-two brothers slip on
-penske shock
-steering stablizer
(with this bike i am just unsure how much the milage will be an issue and if its track history is a big negative?)

option 2: $7000
-5k miles no 6k miles service done
-very very minor damage (crack in upper fairing)
-stage 1 arrow slip on
-rearsets
-lots and lots of carbon and cosmetic bits

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am finally picking up a 675 daytona, and there are 2 choices i cannot decide between. Hopefully you guys can give me some insight...

-minor cosmetic damage
-two brothers slip on
-penske shock
-steering stablizer
(with this bike i am just unsure how much the milage will be an issue and if its track history is a big negative?)

-very very minor damage
-stage 1 arrow slip on
-rearsets
-lots of cosmetic bits
#2. 15k miles is alot!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello everyone!

-minor cosmetic damage
-two brothers slip on
-penske shock
-steering stablizer

-very very minor damage
-stage 1 arrow slip on
-rearsets
-lots of cosmetic bits
By no means am I a professional so this is a general opinion...I just purchased an 08 with 437 miles for less than 7k so I would try to get the 08 for a better price, although mine had no mods. My suggestion would be to go with the one with less miles (especially track miles), it always pays off in the end.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
15k is by no means a lot of miles, the track history does worry me a bit when combined with the miles though. Personally I'd rather have the low mileage bike. But it depends on your budget. The 15k bike has some good add-ons, penske shock :thumbup: stabilizer :thumbup: I'd still choose the one with low miles, that's just me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would roll with option two!
10K less miles/Arrow Exhaust = $2500
But I guess if you are strapped for cash, then option one.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Option #2, try to get it a little cheaper. This all depends on what you are planning to use the bike for however.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Option #3 - Neither.

Keep looking. You can get low mileage and even newer bikes, for less than that.

Don't let emotion force you into a decision you might regret later on.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Option #3 - Neither.

Keep looking. You can get low mileage and even newer bikes, for less than that.

Don't let emotion force you into a decision you might regret later on.
+1. there are deals to be had if you can be patient. look in the classifieds here, ive seen some steals lately.

·
Registered
230 Posts
+1. there are deals to be had if you can be patient. look in the classifieds here, ive seen some steals lately.
+1 those 2 dont sound like deals to me.....I would keep looking you can find better...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
For sure option #1:whistle:
That is my bike. I am the second owner, the first owner is a friend of mine who purchased the bike back in 07, he put 9xxx miles of just commuting and cruising, never took it to the track or abussed it, when i brought it off of him in 2008 i mainly used it as my main transportation and some weekend fun! I have put about 6k miles and I love the bike and have taken very good care of it, I have done about 7 track days on the bike and which 5 of those were in C group (slow) and 2 on B group (intermediate). Most of the miles I put are street miles and i never red lined it or push the bike hard at the track, I got the shock because I taught it would make it more comfortable for the street. the race plastics i got them here in the forum to protect my street fairings.

The bike is still under warranty as my friend purchased an extra 3 year plan , good until august of this year. I have the receipt of the 12k service as well.
No pressure here man, I just want it to make it clear that in no way this bike is been beat or abused. Like another member said, 15k miles are not many if you take good care of the bike.
let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I'll be happy to answer all of them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Also remember, the price includes, GSG frame sliders, SME axle block sliders and spools with sliders, High and low HID lights, powerbronze smoke windscreen, and a stand. I also have the factory shock which is in perfect condition, that will bring the price down if you don't want it. i would work with you on the price, you just have to make the decision of what you want or need! let me know.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.