Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my name is Andrew and just got an 08 SE Daytona 675 last month. I used to ride a 2006 Honda 600RR and loved it but it was totaled when an F150 hit me. I was lucky and wasnt hurt too much and wanted a new bike. I found the Triumph at a great price and heard great things about them. I have only ridden it a handful amount of times since it is winter here and I am in love! Its all stock except for low beam HIDs a gel seat and the TOR exhaust (all of which came on the bike). I hope to get an 09 Arrow slip on, high beam HIDs and a fender eliminator next season to start. I hope to find out a lot of info on these bikes on this forum as I am new to the brand and possibly some fellow 675 riders in the area.

I know you all should know what they look like but here she is.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Welcome to the real world :coolgleamA:

LED running lights matching the HIDs make then look cleaner, too ^^

Good thinking on the gel seat :laugh:

Don't forget you can change the angle of the clip-ons once you've removed the bolts attaching them to the upper clamp, your wrists will thank you !

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the info Smoke...I will have to play with the angle of the clipons next season when I ride it a bit more.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome...I am bit south of you in Norfolk. Are you going to hit up the cycle show in DC next month?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome...I am bit south of you in Norfolk. Are you going to hit up the cycle show in DC next month?
Yeah my friends and i have talked about it...I went one year and it was pretty sweet. I am trying to get to see most of it this year since I am a metro ride away :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
welcome to the forum! not from va but used to be out there a lot (some girl haha).....got family in charlottesville, friends in alexandria and virginia beach so i'm hoping to get out there once it warms up, maybe do that loop haha. good choice on the daytona btw, she's a fun one!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well if you're upgrading the headlights you might as well get some flush mount turn signals as well, looks much much better. Oh and the $700 Arrow slip on doesn't really sound much different than the TOR, just a little bit lighter. LOOKIN GOOD have fun!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well we should get a nova ride put together for the spring/summer and maybe I will see some of you at the convention center later next month.

Corey- So you think the exhausts are similar? my buddy told me while driving next to me that he couldnt hear the exhaust (TOR). Have you heard anything about the Competition Werkes exhaust? I think that sounds really good too, plus I can get it with the gold color to do all the color matching stuff :) :coolgleamA:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Corey- So you think the exhausts are similar? my buddy told me while driving next to me that he couldnt hear the exhaust (TOR). Have you heard anything about the Competition Werkes exhaust? I think that sounds really good too, plus I can get it with the gold color to do all the color matching stuff :) :coolgleamA:
Yeah I think they sound about the same. If you want big sound the best bang for your buck is going to be the Two Brothers ehxaust, I just happen to think that they look like shit though.:laugh: Haven't heard the CW in person, it looks mean as hell though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the TBR if you want to hear what it sounds like. Honestly it wasn't my favorite in looks, but its grown on me. Its a long story as to why I have the TBR, I'll just say mailmen are not my favorite people in the world.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the TBR if you want to hear what it sounds like. Honestly it wasn't my favorite in looks, but its grown on me. Its a long story as to why I have the TBR, I'll just say mailmen are not my favorite people in the world.
Yeah maybe I can check it out as I have been told its best to hear in person. Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome, Im in fairfax i think i saw your bike at the coleman open house a couple months back either in your ownership or before. Sharp bike nice to have other d675 owners in the area. We will have to organize this ride come spring!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey KMO,
Thanks for the kind words, but it wasnt me, (maybe the same bike though) maybe when the previous owner had it...I have been to Colmans with my previous jap bike but not with this one. I just got it recently so havent had too much time to ride it. Just back and forth to Crystal City area for work when its nice out.

Thinking about going for at least a short ride this weekend if the weather warms up like they say it should.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I hear you... Its a great bike. Ive had mine since august and put about 3k miles on it. If your interested in hearing dif exhaust i have a jardine on there you could take a listen to.

As for riding if i were you i would try to find sometime to ride out there with it. Personally im calling it a winter as shes up on stands cuz i dont want to deal with the cold and especially the ridiculous amounts of salt on the roads right now but i can imagine it will be almost impossible to just let your new toy sit for the whole winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts