Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triumph Australia has no more street triples.

Does this mean Triumph Hinckley is about to release something new this year?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
nope, the current street triple is still the one for this year.

I think they are gonna release a new one in 2012

·
Registered
3 Posts
the street has followed the speed, but a few years behind. Naturally, one would have to assume a face lift for the street will be a year or two behind the speed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
True, the bike is perfect.

However, the big bro, the speed triple was revealed at the winter moto shows around the states, so it's coming for 2011. I think it's true that the street triple may be changed for 2012....I hope they don't put those goofy looking speed triple headlights....not that I'm selling mine anytime soon...:coolgleamA:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all,
arbess, I think that Triumph Australia deliberately run low stock.... when I ordered my ST3R in early Feb 2009 (and paid a hefty deposit too mind you) they said it would be a couple of weeks to ship it but I didnt get it till easter bloody thursday 2009! like 2 months later and there were only 8 triumphs on that boat too! Maybe this way they dont get caught with over stock and don't have to discount at the end of the year...But then again maybe thats just Adelaide for you. Id agree that the street triple probably wont get a make over for a while though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The street triple shouldnt get a makeover at all it should stay the same so it looks different then the speed triple so people can pick out the slight differences in them and triumph wont be making 2 of the exact same bike with different displacements,, just because its a speed triple little bro does not mean they have to be identical if it does change ohh well i still got mine

·
Registered
141 Posts
There are no new 2010 Street Triple left in Aus, I know because my insurance company is paying me out rather than replacing the bike (dozy car driving bitch totalled it lol).

2011 model is the same, however they're not here yet...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are no new 2010 Street Triple left in Aus, I know because my insurance company is paying me out rather than replacing the bike (dozy car driving bitch totalled it lol).

2011 model is the same, however they're not here yet...
Ah right - this is what i heard as well.

Good feedback boys and girls - i suppose were gonna be waiting till at least the end of 2011/start 2012.

I love the look of the current triple and I dont love or hate the new Speed - so if anything from the Speed flows onto the Street, I guess I would have to wait till I see it in the flesh to make up my mind

·
Registered
53 Posts
In my area there are very few leftover 2010 Street Triples left....the only ones are tornado red and a matte orange R. I'm holding out for the 2011 in either crystal white or a graphite R. I'm going to try to be patient....I called my dealer and he told me that it's still early to place an order for the 2011s :pout:

I am worried that for 2012 they will radically change the bike's appearance with those goofy lights like on the speed. I just want to place an order to I can get one reserved

·
Registered
55 Posts
The street is going to get the new headlights no question about that. There is no way that Triumph are going to buy/make two different headlights it would be much much cheaper to order double the amount from the supplier for both the Speed and Street.

Like it or not were getting the new headlights...........but they do grow on you when you see them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I might be wrong but I thought that the street and speed had different sized headlights?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
as far as i know they are the same.

The new headlights will be on it, as for the rest i bet the changes will be minor.
(which doesnt have to be a bad thing, but they will need to fix the rear a bit, sharper, to match the headlights)

·
Registered
53 Posts
as far as i know they are the same.

The new headlights will be on it, as for the rest i bet the changes will be minor.
(which doesnt have to be a bad thing, but they will need to fix the rear a bit, sharper, to match the headlights)
So...you are saying the 2011 Speed Triple fugly headlight will be on the 2011 Street triple? All the photos of the 2011 Street Triple show that it retains the old headlights....

·
Registered
141 Posts
So...you are saying the 2011 Speed Triple fugly headlight will be on the 2011 Street triple? All the photos of the 2011 Street Triple show that it retains the old headlights....
2011 Street Triple is the same as 2010, there have been colour range changes only

He is saying that most likely the 2012 model will get the Speed Triple lights however

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
no, they will be on the 2012 street ;)
So you have one more year to buy the cool street

·
Registered
618 Posts
I hope they will fit the Daytona spec engine into this bike, it's the one thing it's missing.. damn near perfect.

well i would like more power anyway.. :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
They're not going to change the bike to much. They can't. Lets remember the real big brother is the Daytona, not the Speed. Same tank, frame, suspension and brakes (for the cool R kids) radiator etc. I could see the new head lights but I bet they'll wait and see how the sales do for the 2011 speed first.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They're not going to change the bike to much. They can't. Lets remember the real big brother is the Daytona, not the Speed. Same tank, frame, suspension and brakes (for the cool R kids) radiator etc. I could see the new head lights but I bet they'll wait and see how the sales do for the 2011 speed first.
True but not entirely, yes its based off the 675 Daytona, but you have to remember the looks/styling are straight from the Speed Triple, which has been their most successful bike...

·
Registered
141 Posts
From Visor Down:

A few details of the first batch of 2012 Triumph models has leaked onto the internet – but unfortunately they only apply to those models that won't be altered for next year.

Documents posted on the California Air Research Board's website show the British firm is the first manufacturer to have filed emissions details for some of its 2012 models. But they show no changes from the current machines in terms of capacity or weight.

At least that means if you're in the market for a Sprint ST, Sprint GT, Tiger 1050, Daytona 675, Daytona 675R, Street Triple, Street Triple R, Speed Triple, Thunderbird or Rocket, you can be pretty sure they're not going to be made obsolete by a new model in 2012.

Perhaps more interesting is what could be read between the lines of the documentation. Since there's no emissions documents yet for the 2012 Bonneville or any of its derivatives, perhaps there are updates in store for them next year.

That doesnt guarantee there wont be styling changes though, just that the engine, tune and pipes will be the same...but you would think that means it will stay the same all over till the 2013 model

1 - 20 of 29 Posts