Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks...new triple owner from Honolulu. I'm 34, have been riding for about 3 years, and have been interested in motorcycles since well before that. My previous bike was a 2006 Honda CBR600RR which I owned for about 2 years and rode almost everyday until it was stolen. Yeah it sucked and yeah I was really angry *understatement* but at least I had full insurance coverage. I've wanted a Speed Triple ever since the 1050 came out in '05, but after riding light and nimble middleweights (first bike was a SV650, right before the RR), I really didn't want anything heavier. The lack of a racetrack here makes sportbikes a little impractical...the ST3 was exactly was I was looking for on paper and is even better on the street. I miss the RR but I have absolutely no regrets about getting the triple. I've already spent way too much time lurking and researching, and I suspect that I'll be spending way too much more time as I learn more and am influenced by the awesomeness of the ST3 and the people that own it. Let the modding begin!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks doublen. BTW, your exhaust thread is one of the causes of the "way too much time spent on this forum." Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Haha, no kidding. I have been pretty addicted to it since I joined. It's a good forum, usually. :whistle:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added a pic to post #1. Standard matte graphite ST3R except for the ASVs. That, however, will be remedied.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the site!

My condolences on your RR getting stolen. Was it stolen in Hawaii? Seems kind of odd that a sportbike would be stolen from an island. Wouldn't it be really difficult to sell/ship/part out without someone noticing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the site!

My condolences on your RR getting stolen. Was it stolen in Hawaii? Seems kind of odd that a sportbike would be stolen from an island. Wouldn't it be really difficult to sell/ship/part out without someone noticing?
Thanks!

You wouldn't think it for such a small place, but bike theft is huge in Hawaii...especially sportbikes. They are prob stripped right away and shipped off in parts unless it's part of a bigger operation. They're very rarely recovered. Recently an operation was busted and over 30 bikes with VINs removed were found at the guys' "auto body shop." A friend of mine had unknowingly bought a 2005 R6 that ended up being one of the stolen bikes. Police came to his house and repo'd the bike, he had no choice but to take the loss.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

Graphite R - they're the best (yes, I have one).

I've been out on rides with CBR600RRs and 636 Ninjas and pretty much kept up until the speeds went over 130, the chances are you won't miss it too much once you start living the hooligan life the RRR seems to encourage, not that I ride like that :whistle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts