Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently installed a GPR V5s steering stabilizer on my 2009 Triumph Daytona 675. The bike does not track straight after the installation. It weaves. When I removed the stabilizer, the bike works well. I tried all the settings on the stabilizer - 0 to 8. Same effect all around, with an increase in stiffness to turn the handlebars. Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

Also, I noticed that the number of clicks on the rebound damper in the front forks do not match each other, and they are not close to the number of clicks the manual specifies. The left fork has a maximum of 6 clicks, and the right one has 4.5. Haynes manual states that it should be 17 clicks in total. Would this be a reason? I heard that an uneven fork setup will result in handling issues.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
First make sure the oem damper is off.
Some GPR dampers had caused a weaving effect on some peoples bikes. They mailed it back to GPR to have lighter oil put in. I think it’s free and all you pay is shipping. It fixed the problem 👍

·
Registered
872 Posts
And as for the forks, whoever changed the oil in them screwed up. It's the top (TEN/rebound) adjuster that's off correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts